• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Your Thoughts on Popular Questions about Pokemon Sun and Moon ?!

Whatcha think so far Pokemon Sun or Moon ?

• Total voters

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
solrock.gif
Pokemon Sun and Moon !
lunatone.gif

Everyone:

WHOA WHOA....WHOA
BROCK CALM DOWN,
YOUR THINKING WAY TOOO MUCH
FOR THE NEW GAMES ALREADY ?!

Me:
yus wynaut ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As you all know it has been officially announced by the big man himself about the new games
My Question are simple hopefully we can get a discussion going as we start counting down for the "holiday" release :D

INTERESTING QUESTIONS
*you don't have to answer them all or any. come up with your own theories am sure we'll also be interested*

• Do you think Lunatone and Solrock will play a key factor in the games?
  • Thoughts on the high amount of truck based sneak peeks?
  • Do you think the anime will have a new protagonist due to rumors of Ash winning the Kalos League ?
  • Thoughts on what you wish as features for the new games ?
  • Do you think Trainer customization will make a return?
Questions by me :]

K

Krelbit

1) Nah nintendo b8in
2) We'll have like 4. We did with X/Y.
3) Who gives a shit about the anime
4) Dual storylines pls
5) Probably, they don't have a remake template to go on this time.

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits

Gym Badges

- I think Ash will be the protagonist in the main Pokemon anime for as long as it exists.
- I hope the new game has a spectate mode for online battles... In fact i hope it has a better online environment all together. With a lobby, online chat and a more user friendly way to add/find friends and have battles.
- Yes I think trainer customization will return, and i think it'll be a lot more robust.

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
- I think Ash will be the protagonist in the main Pokemon anime for as long as it exists.
- I hope the new game has a spectate mode for online battles... In fact i hope it has a better online environment all together. With a lobby, online chat and a more user friendly way to add/find friends and have battles.
- Yes I think trainer customization will return, and i think it'll be a lot more robust.
omg yes ! a spectate mode everyone would love that and it would make tournaments so much more engaging. About ash I don't watch it much besides the previews on serebii but apparently people think this because of how the show shows him and Serena as.

1) Nah nintendo b8in
2) We'll have like 4. We did with X/Y.
3) Who gives a shit about the anime
4) Dual storylines pls
5) Probably, they don't have a remake template to go on this time.
thanks for your input I don't know how to exactly reply to this but yeah gotta agree on your points lol

gnmmarechal

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Well, I'm glad we finally have something new. I knew what I was buying when I got ORAS. It's good not to know about SM.
My 2DS is working (somewhat) again, so, yeah, I'll be able to play. And I'll probably buy both.

Cannu

Staff member
Mod
Donor
Journalist
Credits
    I know they had them in the trailer, but I feel like they are too random as a duo and that they are simply keeping the rumour speculations going by putting them into the trailer.
    Perhaps new methods of travel ? If they're taking this game to 'the next level' , then perhaps the Pokemon region in this will be far larger and unlike anything seen before hence trucks could be a useful form of travel maybe around cities.
  • Do you think the anime will have a new protagonist due to rumors of Ash winning the Kalos League ?
    I don't really watch the anime besides a few episodes so nothing to really say here.
    The standard, show up EVs/IVs would definitely boost the competitive field. Not sure if this is feature request and no judge, but I would really enjoy it if they had multiple regions. This is kinda an improvised theory as I go but I understand the whole speculation with Zygarde having far more importance at least if Pokemon Z was a thing. Perhaps they might bring the Kalos region back to keep the anime storyline going, but obviously updating their current games to a better standard. I wouldn't think this would be too hard considering Kalos was built on 3Ds platform but then again I'm really just taking stabs in the dark with this kind of stuff. Haha that took up a huge chunk of text so I guess I shall move on...
    Never really got into this but I can't see why they would take it out now. One's ability to express their own unique character especially in this day and age is highly promoted so on a more ethical stance, I would think this is going to stay.
Well that was fun :) For once I get in early on the theories (Unlike ORAS when I had just joined the site after its release)

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
Well, I'm glad we finally have something new. I knew what I was buying when I got ORAS. It's good not to know about SM.
My 2DS is working (somewhat) again, so, yeah, I'll be able to play. And I'll probably buy both.
Awesome am sure the game will live up to your expectations and maybe surpass it

I know they had them in the trailer, but I feel like they are too random as a duo and that they are simply keeping the rumour speculations going by putting them into the trailer.
    Perhaps new methods of travel ? If they're taking this game to 'the next level' , then perhaps the Pokemon region in this will be far larger and unlike anything seen before hence trucks could be a useful form of travel maybe around cities.
    I don't really watch the anime besides a few episodes so nothing to really say here.
    The standard, show up EVs/IVs would definitely boost the competitive field. Not sure if this is feature request and no judge, but I would really enjoy it if they had multiple regions. This is kinda an improvised theory as I go but I understand the whole speculation with Zygarde having far more importance at least if Pokemon Z was a thing. Perhaps they might bring the Kalos region back to keep the anime storyline going, but obviously updating their current games to a better standard. I wouldn't think this would be too hard considering Kalos was built on 3Ds platform but then again I'm really just taking stabs in the dark with this kind of stuff. Haha that took up a huge chunk of text so I guess I shall move on...
    Never really got into this but I can't see why they would take it out now. One's ability to express their own unique character especially in this day and age is highly promoted so on a more ethical stance, I would think this is going to stay.
Well that was fun :) For once I get in early on the theories (Unlike ORAS when I had just joined the site after its release)
damn when I said give your thoughts you REALLY did :D
GIVE THIS MAN AN A++++++ <3
Thanks for your detailed post Cannu I read through all of it :Thumbsup:

K

Krelbit

The standard, show up EVs/IVs would definitely boost the competitive field

I feel like not having numbers directly labeled onto a pokemon makes the game a whole lot more fun.
Not thinking about EVs and IVs when you play really just adds a flow to the main storyline of the game.

Nenkendo

Youngster Joey
Credits
my theory is that its gen 6.5 and its going to be based in Germany. and we will explore the other reagon on the opposet side of the grate war. we might allo learn more abought az and his jurny arond the world. idk just a geuess

BlazingInfernape

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits
I want Mega Infernape. and I want a pokemon Chat room in the game and trainer customization.

BlazingInfernape

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits
Terrible idea. Kids play this game, and every chatroom will have trolls.
Chatroom trolls will find their way around every single swear-word blocker.
Yea. I mean one like if you and a friend are playing you can chat.

Kitgurl66

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I think that the sun and moon titles may be about new Pokémon and from what I seen with the trailer, it also may include a new device to work with, plus a new look for Pokémon centers in the games

appleby

Youngster Joey
Credits
I think Lunatone and Solrock will be getting mega-evolutions, and that their relevance to the plot will either be historical (much like the Unown, something that is shown has having historic significance more than current) or minimal. The rocks themselves won't be too prominent. Just speculating, o'course!
I haven't even looked. I want to be thoroughly surprised, I admit. But a larger map to explore could be a lot of fun, and quick-travel without Fly might be nice too.
I don't watch the anime, I'm sorry!
The update to the Fly animation in XY and ORAS was awesome - but I still really want the visual of the pokemon I'm riding on rather than a random blue bird. I know that's a lot to ask, but it'd make my immersion/connection to my party that much stronger y'know?

Also, Customisation returning. I loved it!

Exploration of multiple zones, like ol' Silver/Gold would be nice too, but a larger map/longer story would be just as good.
I hope so!

jr93566

Youngster Joey
Credits
i think that this game will be like gold and silver by including the previos region as there is still thing left in kalos such as zygard the mystirus idol and the trainstation if sun and moon are in a new region then we shold revisit kalos for unfinished buissness

SoIidSmok3

Naughty
Credits
Im wondering if there will be any space exploration. ORAS briefly dips into that with a battle up in the atmosphere, and pokemon has very vaguely mentioned space as another frontier since gen 1. As for solrock/lunatone, best i can say is theyll get a mega form, but i doubt theyll be story binding. Pry about as prevelant as the Unkown were, at best.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I think character customisation will return, and the sun and moon in the logos look like Solrock and Lunatone, so some megas would be cool!

I predict that the plot will be this: evil team tries to get legendary Pokémon to do evil things, plan backfires and the sun / moon is pulled towards the earth ready to crush us all, legendary Pokémon saves the day!