Active Team Strategies

Red Velvet

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hey all, I'm pretty new to competitive pokemon and would like to know what types of strategies I can use for my team. I don't want to win with just pure power, but rather some good combos. Anything you guys think I should try out?

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Hey all, I'm pretty new to competitive pokemon and would like to know what types of strategies I can use for my team. I don't want to win with just pure power, but rather some good combos. Anything you guys think I should try out?

for 6v6 singles? If so what pokemon have you thought about building your team around and I can help you from there

Red Velvet

Youngster Joey
Credits
Well, pokemon I've trained and used would also include: Weavile, Sableye, Gliscor, Azumarill, Banette, Greninja and Blaziken. I had a lot of fun with Mega Sableye so I'd like to use him if I could.

megamanny98

Youngster Joey
Credits
well lets see... you basically want a team built around scizor, rotom wash, and mega sabeleye... not too difficult. Right now, you have one 4x fire weakness, a grass weakness, and a fairy weakness. I would avoid adding ANY other pokemon with those weaknesses unless you have to. Right now, you need a special wall, considering that your main weakness is fire, and fire is mostly special. I would use snorlax, as it has massive special bulk, one weakness to fighting, which you could easily switch in sabeleye for, and an immunity to ghost. Looking at it right now, you could use a bulky defensive wall, and while you're at it, set up some rocks. Either ferrothorn, aggron, or skarmory would do nicely. I love ferro, but then you would have two 4x weaknesses to fire, which is a no no. Skarmory is good, as it can set up rocks, spikes, and heal itself, but then again, has a weakness to fire. so it's out. Lastly, we have aggron. Bulky, can set up rocks, and neutral against fire. Massive ground weakness though, but you could just as easily switch into rotom wash for the ground immunity, and sturdy guarantees a turn to set up rocks. So, now you have a ground, fighting, ghost, psychic, poison, and normal immunity on your team. Weaknesses are 4x weakness to fire, 2x to fairy, 2x and 4x to fighting, and a 2x and 2x to grass (grass is not very common though). So, for the last slot, id reccomend a pokemon that is speedy, and not weak to fire or fighting, or can pack a punch without that weakness. While belly drum sitrus berry azumarill isn't fast, it gets access to priority aqua jet. It is weak to grass, electric, and poison. Grass is troublesome to this team, but grass is uncommon in the metagame. This team has a TON of immunities, more than most, and is something i would reccomend you trying out. This team is more bulk than speed, so I would put a couple of priority moves on your pokemon, like bullet punch on scizor and aqua jet on azumarril. I hope that you enjoy using this team!

Red Velvet

Youngster Joey
Credits
Thanks a lot megamanny.

I'm gonna try this team out on showdown before I actually make it.
What kind of moveset should I be running on Snorlax?

megamanny98

Youngster Joey
Credits
Or you could do resto chesto, with rest, curse/stockpile, fire punch, return, and maybe something else for variety. I suggest looking at Verlisify's pokemon builds, he loves snorlax and loves the defensive bulk. Good luck!

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Thanks a lot megamanny.

I'm gonna try this team out on showdown before I actually make it.
What kind of moveset should I be running on Snorlax?
I would use snorlax. Just throw in chansey.

testing