• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Closed Cometive team help

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
What would be a good competive set for gallade and pinsir? Given:
  1. Greninja Protean Modest @ Life Orb 252Spa 252Spe 4hp-Ice beam, Extrasensory, Surf, and U-turn
  2. Roserade Natural Cure Calm @ Black Sludge 252hp 252Spd 4Spe- Spikes, Sleep power, Energy ball, Sludge bomb
  3. Aegislash Stance Change Adamant @ Leftovers 252Atk 252Spe 4Def-
    King shield, Sacred Sword, Shadow sneak, Sword dance
That all I got right now. What Do you think so far? What would be strong choices to add Pokémon, move-wise, any changes in EVs.

Last edited:

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits
Well, using a Choice Scarf is the only way Gallade can even hope to get by in OU. Given that, common set is normally Jolly with 252 Evs in Attack and Speed with 4 in HP
Normal Moveset is Psycho Cut/Close Combat/Ice Punch/Stone Edge or Night Slash.

A Pinsir set (I'm assuming you're gonna run a Mega Pinsir) they're normally Jolly with the same EV spread as Gallade.
The Moveset can vary, but normally they run Return/Quick Attack/Swords Dance or Earthquake/Close Combat
Earthquake is normally run to counter pokemon like Mega Mawile and Aegislash, so you'll only have to use it when battling with our site's rules.

Your team as a whole has a MAJOR flying weakness. Talonflame and Mega Pinsir along with Thundurus will have a field day with it, so I'm going to suggest a Rock type to cover up that weakness

Unproxied

Tier 1
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Why does your Aegislash have 252 Speed and an Adamant nature?

0 Speed IVs/EVs with a Brave nature would be ideal for this set.

If you aren't careful, you'll end up out speeding something and get OHKOed while in Blade-Form.

You always want 0 Speed IVs/EVs and a Speed hindering nature for any Aegislash build to take advantage of his Stance Change ability.

Attacking last is the main point, letting you tank hits in Shield-Form and smack them in Blade-Form afterward.

Gold 2.0

Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits

If you aren't careful, you'll end up out speeding something and get OHKOed while in Blade-Form.

You always want 0 Speed IVs/EVs and a Speed hindering nature for any Aegislash build to take advantage of his Stance Change ability.

Attacking last is the main point, letting you tank hits in Shield-Form and smack them in Blade-Form.
I didn't even notice that xD

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits

Attacking last is the main point, letting you tank hits in Shield-Form and smack them in Blade-Form afterward.
Aegislash was suppose to have sacred sword instead of iron head. What should his ev spread be?

Last edited:

Unproxied

Tier 1
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
For your moveset I would recommend 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD or 4 Def.

I would find a way to get a hold of a Brave natured one as well.

Also, like I said in the last thread, Sacred Sword helps against more threats than Iron Head does.

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
For your moveset I would recommend 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD or 4 Def.

I would find a way to get a hold of a Brave natured one as well.

Also, like I said in the last thread, Sacred Sword helps against more threats than Iron Head does.
I looked at sacred sword and I also like its side-effect as well I like the spread you suggested. Would this be good for Gallade and pinsir?
Gallade Jolly @ life orb Speedfest 252Atk 252Spe 4Hp
Psycho Cut
Close Combat
Night Slash
Sword Dance/thunder wave
Pinsir jolly @ mega stone 252Atk 252Spe 4Hp
Return
x-scissor
Earthquake
Stone edge

Last edited:

Gold 2.0

Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits
I looked at sacred sword and I also like its side-effect as well I like the spread you suggested. Would this be good for Gallade and pinsir?
Gallade Jolly @ life orb Speedfest 252Atk 252Spe 4Hp
Psycho Cut
Close Combat
Night Slash
Sword Dance/thunder wave
Pinsir jolly @ mega stone 252Atk 252Spe 4Hp
Return
x-scissor
Earthquake
Stone edge
Gallade won't outspeed much, but that looks pretty good to me. I would highly recommend you run Quick Attack on Pinsir, though

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Gallade won't outspeed much, but that looks pretty good to me. I would highly recommend you run Quick Attack on Pinsir, though
I understand that quick attack would become a flying move with stab how much power would it have then?

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
THAAAAAAAANKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. Is the weakness policy a good item for aegis slashand can you explain why?
Get online bro.

I'll give you a good Pinsir and Aegislash to help you out a bit.[/QUOTE

testing