First-Ever Shiny Hunting Guide From The Pokemon Company

First-Ever Shiny Hunting Guide From The Pokemon Company

By doulie
Published 
The Pokémon Company recently released its first-ever official guide to Shiny hunting. This guide provides tips and strategies for finding and catching Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.

Here are the main points covered in the official shiny hunting guide:

1. Obtaining the Shiny Charm: Completing the Paldea Pokédex earns you the Shiny Charm. This item increases the likelihood of encountering Shiny Pokémon in the wild.
  2. Mass Outbreaks: During mass outbreaks, many Pokémon of the same species appear in one location. Engaging in battles during these outbreaks increases your chances of encountering a Shiny Pokémon.
  3. Sparkling Power: Consuming vendor food or crafting sandwiches with specific ingredients like Herba Mystica grants Sparkling Power. This power increases the chance of encountering Shiny Pokémon.
  4. Persistence: Successful Shiny hunting requires patience and persistence. Trainers should continue trying different methods outlined in the guide.

This guide release marks a significant acknowledgment of the Shiny hunting pastime by The Pokémon Company. For more detailed information, refer to the original guide here. Happy hunting!

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
It's good to see pokemon recognizing shiny pokemon more publicly in media.
Shiny Hunting is mainstream now, and a lot of people consider it post-game content.

Fun fact: The 'Shiny Pokemon' term was fan-made and later picked up by pokemon officially.

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
It's good to see pokemon recognizing shiny pokemon more publicly in media.
Shiny Hunting is mainstream now, and a lot of people consider it post-game content.

Fun fact: The 'Shiny Pokemon' term was fan-made and later picked up by pokemon officially.
really? 'Shiny' is fan-made? Do you know what they called it originally?

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
really? 'Shiny' is fan-made? Do you know what they called it originally?
I believe they just called it alternatively colored pokemon or shining pokemon like in the tcg.
Looks like they started using it officially with Pokemon Black and White.

MakxJunior

Youngster Joey
Credits

Gym Badges

I believe they just called it alternatively colored pokemon or shining pokemon like in the tcg.
Looks like they started using it officially with Pokemon Black and White.
I know they used to call shiny pokemon in the tcg radiant pokemon.

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
They did? That's really interesting, was there a reason for it or was it just that shiny wasn't an official term yet?
In my opinion that may be separate and exclusive to the TCG only. Case being that it seems to be a classification for the cards only, since you can only have one pokemon that is radiant in your deck. The 'radiant' term is apart of the name of the card (like GX and EX). Pokemon uses the shiny term for other parts of the franchise like video games. So maybe radiant cards are just stronger and thats why they differentiated and limited it (there are shiny non-radiant pokemon without any word in front). Those are just my thoughts though.

MakxJunior

Youngster Joey
Credits

Gym Badges

In my opinion that may be separate and exclusive to the TCG only. Case being that it seems to be a classification for the cards only, since you can only have one pokemon that is radiant in your deck. The 'radiant' term is apart of the name of the card (like GX and EX). Pokemon uses the shiny term for other parts of the franchise like video games. So maybe radiant cards are just stronger and thats why they differentiated and limited it (there are shiny non-radiant pokemon without any word in front). Those are just my thoughts though.
OK but i do like that they added shinies in paldean fates

eterna

Youngster Joey
Credits

Gym Badges

Oh so they are like a more powerful version of a pokemon with radiant added to differentiate it from other cards

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
Oh so they are like a more powerful version of a pokemon with radiant added to differentiate it from other cards
Yup that's what I believe (there limited like OP GX/EX cards), I read online that they have really useful and strong abilities that greninja card above is an example.

testing