Active Is ORAS worth it?

syrinxstorm

Youngster Joey
Credits
Right now im selling old games to get enough money to pre-order Pokemon Moon which is why im asking this question. I have recently beat the Elite 4 in Pokemon X(haven't caught mew yet) and will have not much to do in the game except get the monthly Legendary's each month this year.

tl:dr is it still worth it?

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
Yea its worth it. If you're saving for Sun/Moon, you can buy ORAS beat the game and use it to set up shop. With a bit of consistency in selling and gathering credits, you will make more than enough to buy Sun and Moon.

GiaQuando

The Great Tactician
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
It is worth cause first if u played the original Ruby or saphire u will be able to ''see'' again that story and region with better graphics and a more nicely developed story.
Also it will help you get in the mood of the 3DS Pokemon before Sun and Moon comes out.
I would do it ;)

K

Krelbit

Yea its worth it. If you're saving for Sun/Moon, you can buy ORAS beat the game and use it to set up shop. With a bit of consistency in selling and gathering credits, you will make more than enough to buy Sun and Moon.

Watch out with that one. Not every person has the hardware required to be a seller, and if they're using external hardware, it's incredibly detectable and will make their product look bad. Also, breeders make almost nothing as buyers are looking for that instant gratification that can only come with a quick gen.

On topic:

While it is certainly nice to play ORAS, keep in mind that if you've played the gen 3 games this version stays almost 75% true with its source material. Bits of the story have been retconned in to include mega and primal evolutions, and then the post-game content delta episode brings in a background story on mega stones. So, if you can stand missing those new things, then ORAS is exactly like R/S/E. The music is updated, the sprites are obviously updated, and there are 5-6 new or improved features that really stand out.

However, it's not a core series game and if you're just trying to play those I would get sun / moon first, then reach for ORAS if I have the extra money. You could probably resell ORAS for about 25-30 dollars when you're done with it.

TLDR: Yes if you can shill the extra money and resell it by December, otherwise no.

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
If your a collector of the main series games like me then sure the amount of copies sold from ORAS is lower then XY because XY was a fresh start with everything new. I liked OR a redo of my original first game Ruby but after all these years idk it kinda feel bland if you would want to because you didn't buy it right when it came out then sure its great. Also if you wanna see the new megas introduced in ORAS and experience the story then go for it. Well the megas are just going to show up again in Moon/Sun.

desertfreak

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Personally, 1 year later and I'm still active on it! One thing that I loved Post-story was the amount of Legends in these games. (I Still haven't caught them all) Being able to catch almost all the legends from gens 2-5 was a treat because of how much effort you needed to put in to get them.Figuring out how to get the legends and what days and time you need made the game a little more challenging. Also, for the selling aspect, it's really nice for breeding with it's infinite circle in the battle resort. It takes so little for breeding. I say that you should give it a go for the post game material in addition to the regular aspects. And if you ever want just sell it to get Sun/Moon.

testing