• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

New to battling, which type to get in to?

RedZShadow

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hi so got my pokemon Y like 5 weeks ago lol, been working 4 of those weeks =P so basically been breeding like no tomorrow (I hate you skitty >.>) and want to get in to some competitive battling now school started and I have free time and wifi everywhere <3

Should I start out with just like OU 6v6 single battle or like double VGC? any suggestion and advice would be nice. Thanks =D

MegaUmbreon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
Both are fun, but they have totally different strategies associated with them.

I started out with OU, but I want to get into VGC soon :)

Bubblrgum Goodra

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Tbh if your breeding pokemon in-game then i guess VGC is for you as the majority of OU action is on Pokemon Showdown. Like MegaUmbreon said I started of with OU too but am slowly working on VGC - wish i'd started with VGC first though :)

RedZShadow

Youngster Joey
Credits
Ya the issue with OU on game is you know all the moves that require tutor and stuff is hard to get w/o some one to gen for you or gen yourself.

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Ya the issue with OU on game is you know all the moves that require tutor and stuff is hard to get w/o some one to gen for you or gen yourself.
start on which one you feel comfortable doing first

testing