PS4 vs Xbox One

BasedGoten

Youngster Joey
Team Elite
Credits
Now I don't intend to start a console war, but which would you guys recommend and why? Oh, and I am a HUGE jrpg fan.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Now I don't intend to start a console war, but which would you guys recommend and why? Oh, and I am a HUGE jrpg fan.

My personal preference is the PS4. The xbox one is more geared towards entertainment as a whole, and not gaming. One of the big reasons I don't like the xbox one is the Kinect. The voice commands are fairly bad. I would try to play NFS and there would be absolutely no sound in my apartment other than the game itself, and somehow Kinect picked up the word "map" and would constantly pull up the map which resulted in my car continuing to drive off into some object and I would crash, and lose all my points. It's a cool feature in theory but not that great.

Another reason I prefer the PS4 is because the streaming to Twitch has been part of the console since it's launch, and even then it was so smooth, and incredibly easy to use. The Xbox one just launched twitch streaming a few days ago, and I have yet to try it out.

And the biggest reason I love PS4 over the XBONE is the fact that with the PS4 I can watch Netflix/Hulu WITHOUT having to pay for PlayStation Plus. With the xbox you must pay for Live before you can access your other SUBSCRIPTIONS with Netflix and Hulu. I don't think that makes much sense to pay a subscription to watch my subscriptions. (Micro$oft).

Each console has it's ups and downs, but my PREFERENCE is the PS4. :) I have both consoles so if you have specific questions let me know!

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
My personal preference is the PS4. The xbox one is more geared towards entertainment as a whole, and not gaming. One of the big reasons I don't like the xbox one is the Kinect. The voice commands are fairly bad. I would try to play NFS and there would be absolutely no sound in my apartment other than the game itself, and somehow Kinect picked up the word "map" and would constantly pull up the map which resulted in my car continuing to drive off into some object and I would crash, and lose all my points. It's a cool feature in theory but not that great.

Another reason I prefer the PS4 is because the streaming to Twitch has been part of the console since it's launch, and even then it was so smooth, and incredibly easy to use. The Xbox one just launched twitch streaming a few days ago, and I have yet to try it out.

And the biggest reason I love PS4 over the XBONE is the fact that with the PS4 I can watch Netflix/Hulu WITHOUT having to pay for PlayStation Plus. With the xbox you must pay for Live before you can access your other SUBSCRIPTIONS with Netflix and Hulu. I don't think that makes much sense to pay a subscription to watch my subscriptions. (Micro$oft).

Each console has it's ups and downs, but my PREFERENCE is the PS4. :) I have both consoles so if you have specific questions let me know!

Also, another reason I'd recommend the ps4 to you is because if you like Jrpg's, the ps4 is the console to get the FF games, as well as many indie games. The xbox is lacking in the indie game market.

BasedGoten

Youngster Joey
Team Elite
Credits
Also, another reason I'd recommend the ps4 to you is because if you like Jrpg's, the ps4 is the console to get the FF games, as well as many indie games. The xbox is lacking in the indie game market.
Yeah I've been watching the Ps4 pretty hard. I can't wait for FFXV and KH3 OMGGG TOO EXCITED FOR MY OWN GOOD. I was considering purchasing both consoles myself, but pondering the order in which to buy them. But it sounds like I'll end up buying a Ps4 for my dorm and the Xbox One to have at home.

Harmonics

Youngster Joey
Credits
I personally prefer the PS4. JRPG and the usual arguments , but i am going to get an xbox one, simply because i can play better with my friends. The multiplayer has always been better on microsoft. If they upgraded their multiplayer, i think the PS4 would be a much bigger contender :)

TL/DR : I like the PS4 , but i am getting the xbox cause everyone is getting it and i rather play with my friends :D

BasedGoten

Youngster Joey
Team Elite
Credits
Yeah Microsoft has been known for awesome multiplayer. Fukk.... now I really want both for my dorm lol.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
I personally prefer the PS4. JRPG and the usual arguments , but i am going to get an xbox one, simply because i can play better with my friends. The multiplayer has always been better on microsoft. If they upgraded their multiplayer, i think the PS4 would be a much bigger contender :)

TL/DR : I like the PS4 , but i am getting the xbox cause everyone is getting it and i rather play with my friends :D

To be honest the ps4 party ability is now identical to what Microsoft has. Out of game, cross game chat. What other multiplayer differences are there?

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
WII U! SSB4 FtW!

*sneaks out*

testing