• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

why is destiny knot so valuable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jestie

Youngster Joey
Credits
I got one for doing like, the contest hall and there were 3 people when I was exiting the building that just gave it to me.

Beck

Who is Beck?
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Yeah it's part of the storyline, but most people are too lazy to get it or want to make use of both pokemon day cares.

mogutif

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
basically, if u give a pokemon a destiny knot and then breed it in the day care, the offspring will get the IVS from the parent that held the destiny knot, the item passes Ivs down from parent to child

RustyBlackhaw

Youngster Joey
Credits
Under normal circumstances, breeding two Pokémon together in the Day Care results in three IV's being randomly selected between the two parents. (For instance, the baby might inherit HP and Defense IV's from Mom and Special Defense IV's from Dad, and have the rest randomly generated.)

However, with the Destiny Knot, FIVE IV's are inherited from the two parents instead. (So now we can have HP, Defense and Speed from Mom and Defense and Attack from Dad.)

Essentially, as other posters have stated, Destiny Knot makes breeding for IV's a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

testing