Closed Cometive team help

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
What would be a good competive set for gallade and pinsir? Given:
  1. Greninja Protean Modest @ Life Orb 252Spa 252Spe 4hp-Ice beam, Extrasensory, Surf, and U-turn
  2. Roserade Natural Cure Calm @ Black Sludge 252hp 252Spd 4Spe- Spikes, Sleep power, Energy ball, Sludge bomb
  3. Aegislash Stance Change Adamant @ Leftovers 252Atk 252Spe 4Def-
    King shield, Sacred Sword, Shadow sneak, Sword dance
That all I got right now. What Do you think so far? What would be strong choices to add Pokémon, move-wise, any changes in EVs.

Last edited:

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits
Well, using a Choice Scarf is the only way Gallade can even hope to get by in OU. Given that, common set is normally Jolly with 252 Evs in Attack and Speed with 4 in HP
Normal Moveset is Psycho Cut/Close Combat/Ice Punch/Stone Edge or Night Slash.

A Pinsir set (I'm assuming you're gonna run a Mega Pinsir) they're normally Jolly with the same EV spread as Gallade.
The Moveset can vary, but normally they run Return/Quick Attack/Swords Dance or Earthquake/Close Combat
Earthquake is normally run to counter pokemon like Mega Mawile and Aegislash, so you'll only have to use it when battling with our site's rules.

Your team as a whole has a MAJOR flying weakness. Talonflame and Mega Pinsir along with Thundurus will have a field day with it, so I'm going to suggest a Rock type to cover up that weakness

Unproxied

Tier 1
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Why does your Aegislash have 252 Speed and an Adamant nature?

0 Speed IVs/EVs with a Brave nature would be ideal for this set.

If you aren't careful, you'll end up out speeding something and get OHKOed while in Blade-Form.

You always want 0 Speed IVs/EVs and a Speed hindering nature for any Aegislash build to take advantage of his Stance Change ability.

Attacking last is the main point, letting you tank hits in Shield-Form and smack them in Blade-Form afterward.

Gold 2.0

Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits

If you aren't careful, you'll end up out speeding something and get OHKOed while in Blade-Form.

You always want 0 Speed IVs/EVs and a Speed hindering nature for any Aegislash build to take advantage of his Stance Change ability.

Attacking last is the main point, letting you tank hits in Shield-Form and smack them in Blade-Form.
I didn't even notice that xD

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits

Attacking last is the main point, letting you tank hits in Shield-Form and smack them in Blade-Form afterward.
Aegislash was suppose to have sacred sword instead of iron head. What should his ev spread be?

Last edited:

Unproxied

Tier 1
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
For your moveset I would recommend 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD or 4 Def.

I would find a way to get a hold of a Brave natured one as well.

Also, like I said in the last thread, Sacred Sword helps against more threats than Iron Head does.

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
For your moveset I would recommend 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD or 4 Def.

I would find a way to get a hold of a Brave natured one as well.

Also, like I said in the last thread, Sacred Sword helps against more threats than Iron Head does.
I looked at sacred sword and I also like its side-effect as well I like the spread you suggested. Would this be good for Gallade and pinsir?
Gallade Jolly @ life orb Speedfest 252Atk 252Spe 4Hp
Psycho Cut
Close Combat
Night Slash
Sword Dance/thunder wave
Pinsir jolly @ mega stone 252Atk 252Spe 4Hp
Return
x-scissor
Earthquake
Stone edge

Last edited:

Gold 2.0

Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits
I looked at sacred sword and I also like its side-effect as well I like the spread you suggested. Would this be good for Gallade and pinsir?
Gallade Jolly @ life orb Speedfest 252Atk 252Spe 4Hp
Psycho Cut
Close Combat
Night Slash
Sword Dance/thunder wave
Pinsir jolly @ mega stone 252Atk 252Spe 4Hp
Return
x-scissor
Earthquake
Stone edge
Gallade won't outspeed much, but that looks pretty good to me. I would highly recommend you run Quick Attack on Pinsir, though

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Gallade won't outspeed much, but that looks pretty good to me. I would highly recommend you run Quick Attack on Pinsir, though
I understand that quick attack would become a flying move with stab how much power would it have then?

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
THAAAAAAAANKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. Is the weakness policy a good item for aegis slashand can you explain why?
Get online bro.

I'll give you a good Pinsir and Aegislash to help you out a bit.[/QUOTE

testing