• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Hints and Tips

Marc

Pokémon Champion
Dex Contributor
Credits
Hi guys,

I thought I would share a couple of tips that I have been using plus ones that I know a couple of guys at work have successfully used. Feel free to keep adding your own below :

First one is that you can get Pikachu as your starting pokemon, all you need to do, once you have gone past the intro and you are given the three Kanto starters on screen to catch, just walk past them. They will respawn but keep doing this four or five times (it will take a bit of walking to do) and then Pikeachu appears with the starters and voilla!

The second tip I have is, if you have a couple of pokestops near to each other (that your "reach" circle can touch) then drop a lure module on each one for a massive increase in wild pokemon appearing!

Third tip from me is a way in which you can quickly level up. If you are in an area where there is a common pokemon like rattata, pidgey, zubat etc and you have loads of them, do not transfer them to Professor Willow for candies and instead keep them. Once you have bagged about 20 or 30 or even more and you have enough candies to be able to evolve at least 20 of them, drop a lucky egg and start evolving all the basic pokemon as you usually get around 1000XP. If you drop a lucky egg as it doubles your XP you can easily make 2-3 levels in the 30 minute timer for a massive boost!

That is all from me for now, how about you? What tips do you have to share?

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
If you can find a spot where 3 or more pokestops overlap and you have a few hours to kill - pop a module on all of the stops, stand in the middle and enjoy a constant stream of Pokemon.

Grab the pokestops every 5 minutes, you'll get enough balls to catch the Pokemon that show up. You will also get a ton of potions, revives and stardust doing this.

Marc

Pokémon Champion
Dex Contributor
Credits
Another one I just thought of, once you capture a gym, you can level it up by fighting the pokemon that you leave behind. It is a 1vs1 fight but if you beat it then you will gain more experience for your gym so other players on your team can then drop their pokemon off to strengthen it. You cannot have more then one pokemon that is owned by you in the same gym unfortunately.

Marc

Pokémon Champion
Dex Contributor
Credits
A couple of battle tips.

When doing a gym battle, multiple players from the same team can attack a gym at the same time to increase damage dealt and make the fight easier!
When in a battle, look for a yellow flash at the bottom of the screen, this indicates that if you swipe to the side quick enough, your pokemon can successfully dodge the attack!

testing