How to trade?

HighBeast130

Youngster Joey
Credits
Sorry I am new to this website. I have seen many sales and trades going on with friend codes and etc. However, I am confused. How do people trade with pal pad and friend codes when Nintento took out wifi connection services for many pokemon games in 2014?

GiaQuando

The Great Tactician
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Every 3DS has a certain friendcode.
This fc can be added by other ppl so when both added each other u will see when someone is online or not.
Then once u can online in gane if he is online too u will see him under your friendlist.
Then by clicking his icon u can choose to trade ot battle

SoIidSmok3

Naughty
Credits
Sorry I am new to this website. I have seen many sales and trades going on with friend codes and etc. However, I am confused. How do people trade with pal pad and friend codes when Nintento took out wifi connection services for many pokemon games in 2014?
Nintendo only shut down their services for the original nintendo ds, not nintendo 3DS. Here we are all primarily trading and battle on Pokemon ORAS. Which pokemon game are you trying to trade on?

HighBeast130

Youngster Joey
Credits
Nintendo only shut down their services for the original nintendo ds, not nintendo 3DS. Here we are all primarily trading and battle on Pokemon ORAS. Which pokemon game are you trying to trade on?

ohh okay, i was trying to trade with platinum. so does that work if i put platinum in the 3ds and play it?

SoIidSmok3

Naughty
Credits
ohh okay, i was trying to trade with platinum. so does that work if i put platinum in the 3ds and play it?
No in order for that to work you would need the pokebank app from the nintendo store, which is $5/year. Even then platinum wont work since "i think" pokebank only trades from pokemon black/white2 to gen 6 games.

Dont worry tho, pokemon are much easier to come by on the gen 6 games. There are also event pokemon coming out every month this year from mew - genesect. So if you have a gamestop or something similar, just walk in and ask, they will give you a free event code. The trading on this site is also very helpful if your missing certain pokemon, most of the legends are on ORAS, and if your feeling lucky the gts or wonder trade works too.

Last edited:

HighBeast130

Youngster Joey
Credits
No in order for that to work you would need the pokebank app from the nintendo store, which is $5/year. Even then platinum wont work since "i think" pokebank only trades from pokemon black/white2 to gen 6 games.

ohh okay, thx. so what games would you say are compatible for trade since i have a 2 ds.

Would any of these games work?
Black
Black 2
White
White 2
X
Y

SoIidSmok3

Naughty
Credits
ohh okay, thx. so what games would you say are compatible for trade since i have a 2 ds.
2ds is a 3ds so pokemon X/Y or ORAS is a promise, otherwise older gen games would take a LOT of trading to get them onto ur 2ds. So i suggest, buying ORAS and starting over. Sounds bad but honestly its not since you can acquire almost the entire legendary roster with persistant hunting and trading.

HighBeast130

Youngster Joey
Credits
2ds is a 3ds so pokemon X/Y or ORAS is a promise, otherwise older gen games would take a LOT of trading to get them onto ur 2ds. So i suggest, buying ORAS and starting over. Sounds bad but honestly its not since you can acquire almost the entire legendary roster with persistant hunting and trading.

true. well, thx for your time and info with answering my question. thx a lot. Also if you don't mind, 1 more quick question. I see threads. One thread says to buy/sell pokemon 6IV and the other says buy/sell pokemon 5iv or lower, what does that mean?

testing