Need help for team to build

Gerald Putra

Youngster Joey
Credits
hi guys
can I ask some advice on what pokemons to add to my team?

currently I have
Mewtwo
Darkrai
Electivire
Gengar
Giratina
and Latios

why so much ghost and dark pokemons? Cause I like their looks! but need help to balance them out

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I'm guessing you're new to the site and competitive, so welcome :)

I would first suggest that you take a look at the site banlist - a few of your Pokemon are banned: http://perfectpokemon.com/threads/official-pokemon-oras-tier-list.7138/

So as for the 3 banned Pokemon (Mewtwo, Darkrai and Giratina)... I would suggest replacing them with, as you said, Pokemon that aren't Dark/Ghost/Psychic. Firstly, I would recommend using a physical attacker like Azumarill - with Huge Power, it gets a pretty big attack, so I recommend giving it a Choice Band and a set like Aqua Jet / Waterfall / Play Rough / Superpower.

I would also recommend getting rid of Electivire and replacing it with Rotom-W - it gives your team a little more bulk and allows you to use Volt Switch to gain momentum.

As for the Latios, I would say to give it either a Life Orb or a Choice Scarf and run an all out attacking set - something like Draco Meteor / Psyshock / Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Fire.

I'm guessing that the Gengar is your mega, and sadly, that is also banned. If you want to use another mega, I would recommend a Dragon Dance Mega Gyarados with Waterfall, Crunch and Ice Fang (or Earthquake, if you want). The momentum you get from Rotom-W's Volt Switch allows you to pivot into MegaDos and set up a Dragon Dance.

As for your Darkrai and Mewtwo, I would suggest replacing them with slightly more bulky Pokemon. By using a Blissey, you can help recover your team by WishPassing as well as curing status with Heal Bell. If you don't mind not having Leftovers, you could run Eviolite Chansey for even more bulk.

For your last Pokemon, I would recommend a Landorus-Therian - I feel it balances your team out quite well and it allows you to set up Stealth Rocks to wear down your opponents team :)

If you need any help with sets, just come and ask me - I thought that I'd just leave my base advice here for now.

testing