• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Recommendations for competitive battling teams on pokemon ORAS

TysCharizardY

Youngster Joey
Credits
I want to build a team of strong iv trained Pokemon but I'm not sure on which Pokemon to pick and train, if anyone has any suggestion on which Pokemon to pick and are good for competitive battling then that would be helpful.

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
I just like to follow a general rule for my play style maybe it might work for you too. I usually have 1 defensive wall and one sp defensive wall and have 2 attackers along with 2 special attackers. Also when doing this make sure you have good coverage for any possible pokemon that are a problem for your team and also make sure to not have a lot of similair weaknesses. I am sure you can go through a list of OU , BL, and UU pokemon that meat the needs of everything I just mentioned. Make a list of ones you like that coincide with what I just mentioned and I will help you revise it.

Strawberries

Captain Mc. Salt'n
Donor
Journalist
Credits
Well first you have to pick the pokemon to be the main pokemon. I usually start with a choice scarf poke or a setup sweeper. Then you pick the cores that cover weaknesses and another sweeper for the opposite attacking stat. Next, I would go over my overall weaknesses for each type on my team and change the pokemon that benifit least and put pokemon that an do the same thing but with a better type for your team or some kind of move.

TysCharizardY

Youngster Joey
Credits
hi, thanks for the advice, I've picked Aggron, Lucario, Garchomp, Charizard and i can't think of the other two pokemon to fill my team. Do either of you have any suggestions ?

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
hi, thanks for the advice, I've picked Aggron, Lucario, Garchomp, Charizard and i can't think of the other two pokemon to fill my team. Do either of you have any suggestions ?

do you have a moveset on the current pokemon you use and their evs? also which is your mega

TysCharizardY

Youngster Joey
Credits
i haven't got a specific move set for any as I'm completely new to this. I haven't decided which i want as my mega,
Aggron has 252 Defence, 252 Attack, 6 HP. (Stealth rock, Rock polish)
Lucario 252 Attack, 252 Sp.Attack, 6 Speed. (Calm mind)
Garchomp 252 Attack, 252 HP, 6 Sp.Defence (Sandstorm)
Charizard (Y) 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Defence.

Those are what I have. If you have any reccomendations or changes please help :)

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
i haven't got a specific move set for any as I'm completely new to this. I haven't decided which i want as my mega,
Aggron has 252 Defence, 252 Attack, 6 HP. (Stealth rock, Rock polish)
Lucario 252 Attack, 252 Sp.Attack, 6 Speed. (Calm mind)
Garchomp 252 Attack, 252 HP, 6 Sp.Defence (Sandstorm)
Charizard (Y) 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Defence.

Those are what I have. If you have any reccomendations or changes please help :)

what items do you use on those?

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
the only pokemon that has an item is charizard and thats his megastone, i don't know what items to use on the others?

ah well knowing the items was going to let me suggest what you should use or not use. You only got 4 pokemon and yet you got a lot of overlapping weaknesses....you're probably going to have to drop some . I would suggest you can keep charizard but make it charizard X and put a scarf on chomp

testing