Showdown Teams

EliteFourCronos

Pokémon Champion
Credits
So lately I've gotten back into the OU scene and ended up building a team to goof around with. Honestly the team's been really good to me and I figured I'd share what I've been doing. If you have any comments on my team, or you want to post your own teams and ideas in response, feel free!

Jarilo (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Jarilo the Lando-T was the first prospective Pokemon I thought of throwing on the team. While a lot of people enjoy the Scarf variant, I liked the idea of a more defensive/utility variant of him. The EV spread given is a Smogon standard set, capitalizing on physical bulk while maintaining a little bit of speed and special defense to keep him faster and bulky than other semi-fast tanks. Also, I learned that this set can take a +3 Sucker Punch from Bisharp and survive with roughly 15% health after Stealth Rock. Definitely a set worthy to try out with Knock Off and Stealth Rock being as powerful as they are.

Raika (Manectric) (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Raika the Manectric is a ridiculous powerhouse that the team has. My general rule of thumb when viewing the team preview goes as follows: "Does my opponent's team have anything immune to Volt Switch? No? Lead with Raika!" While the stats and absolute power of Megaman-ectric's moves are fairly underwhelming compared to other megas, the utility of having a lot of coverage with Electric, Fire, and Ice is very useful. Your opponent will think twice about leading with their Landorus or Gliscor when this behemoth is in your lead slot.

Frigg (Sylveon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Frigg the Sylveon is somewhat of a mix bag for me. I'm not a huge fan of cleric/support Pokemon such as Florges, Blissey and others of the same sort since they don't do enough on their own, but that was before I factored Pixilate Hyper Voice into my calculations. The raw power of Hyper Voice backed up with Sylveon's ridiculous survivability let it outstall other walls while keeping the rest of your team healthy. Just be careful and don't let it be your last Pokemon standing!

Blue (Bisharp) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Substitute

Few words can accurately sum up how much I love Blue the Bisharp. If you make proper predictions, he will reward you and carry the team on his shoulders. What's so great about this set? It's just a Sub 3 attacks set, right? Well yes, at first glance it looks like some great attacks alongside Substitute, which is a great answer to Will-o-wispers and Thunder Wavers. However, looking at Defiant, we see where Bisharp's true purpose comes into play. Mandibuzz Defogging Jarilo's Stealth Rocks? Switch into Bisharp and laugh as your opponent gives you a free Swords Dance. Is your opponent leading with Megaman-ectric? Lead with Bisharp and Sucker Punch on that expected Mega and Volt Switch! +1 Adamant Bisharp's Sucker Punch will OHKO it every time. 10/10 would recommend.

Yehuda (Chandelure) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Yehuda the Chandelure is what I consider the weak link of the team, but is a necessary evil. I may just be saying that because Fire Blast's accuracy when used by me will always be 50%. That aside, the team lacks significant speed outside of Manectric, so having a Scarf option will always be a benefit. Plus, Chandelure has added synergy with Bisharp's typing. Another benefit to having this Scarf is that you can Trick it onto walls. Then while your opponent is flustered after having their wall crippled for the rest of the game, you can take their confusion as a chance to sneak in Azumarill and seal your opponent's fate. Speaking of which...

Necrobutcher (Azumarill) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

NECROBUTCHERRRRRRR. This is Necrobutcher the Azumarill. Look at that set. Do you see that Belly Drum? Do you see that Aqua Jet? There ya go, that's how you do it. But in all seriousness, if you can find the proper opening, Azumarill can end the game then and there. DOES THAT LOOK LIKE THE FACE OF MERCY?

Let me know what you guys think if you end up testing it out. Enjoy! :)

testing