notsoclutchJun 6, 2016

1. notsoclutch

notsoclutch Rare Breed Donor Let It Reign Battler

Credit:
    ¤4,989
    Rating:
    100%
    18   0   0
    Hey guys, I thought it might be fun to start a threat of the week here on Perfect Pokemon. In this thread, we will discuss a new threat each week. This includes talking about counters, checks, cores, sets, and everything in between. If you have anything to say about a particular Pokemon this is the place to say it. I will try to highlight strong threats for as long as possible and potentially revisit threats as new sets and tier changes come out. Since this is a relatively new thread, I'll try to keep it OU only for the time being, but this may change as time goes on.

To get things started, let's talk about a somewhat controversial Pokemon for the first week: Greninja. [​IMG] This true terror of OU sports an amazing speed, a great movepool, and one of the best abilities in the game. Greninja's combination of mixed offenses, a movepool that many Pokemon would kill for, and STAB on every attack via Protean make for a deadly cleaner that few teams can properly prepare for. If you see a Greninja on the opposing team, make sure you have a gameplan for it or else you could find yourself slowly losing Pokemon after Pokemon to it in a frantic attempt to learn it's moveset.

2 Peoples like this
  2. G

G Youngster Joey Will Not Fall Dex Contributor Battler

Credit:
    ¤44
    0   0   0
    hope u have u-turn or v-switch

3. GiaQuando

GiaQuando The Great Tactician Will Not Fall Dex Contributor Donor Friendzilla Iron Will Smaug Trusted Seller Badge

Credit:
    ¤43,143
    Rating:
    100%
    196   0   0
    It's quite a threat indeed but if you are prepared for it it's not that big deal for me xD

4. Matt_192

Matt_192 Official Server Crasher Will Not Fall Dex Contributor Donor Friendzilla Iron Will Journalist

Credit:
    ¤2,529
    Rating:
    100%
    22   0   0
    1 People like this
  5. Axel Davis

Axel Davis Youngster Joey

Credit:
    ¤48
    0   0   0
    Greninja is in fact borked. But I do believe its main gimmick, Protean can be played around if you play skillfully. I may not have many pokemon that can switch into it, like Aegislash and Hoopa, but it has a significant amount of checks that either outright kill it or force a switch, once again giving you a tactical advantage. Two pokemon you mentioned were Lop and Mane, two mons that are either guaranteed a KO or a switch.

6. Matt_192

Matt_192 Official Server Crasher Will Not Fall Dex Contributor Donor Friendzilla Iron Will Journalist

Credit:
    ¤2,529
    Rating:
    100%
    22   0   0
    See convo in a sec