• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

A New Tier: NFE

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Welcome, members of the PerfectPokemon community to an original tier - NFE.

The tier was made so that we can start to use less notable, not fully evolved Pokemon and base a tier around them, similar to how LC works. As well as the listed NFEs (see the ORAS Tier List for list of usable Pokemon), you may also use any of the LC Ubers and LC Pokemon.

The NFE tier has been inserted into the tier system just under PU, but it has it's own list of clauses:

Baton Pass Clause - Only one user of Baton Pass per team.
Endless Battle Clause - Any moveset on any Pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.
Evasion Clause - A player cannot increase their Pokemon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
Item Clause - Only one of each item is allowed per team.
Moody Clause - A player cannot have a Pokemon with Moody on their team.
OHKO Clause - A player may not use any One-Hit-KO-Moves
Sleep Clause - A player may not inflict the Sleep status on more than one Pokemon on an opponent's team. If you or the opponent has a Pokemon asleep but then uses a move to cause one of your own Pokemon to obtain the Sleep status, then this clause does not apply.
Species Clause - Only one of each Pokemon is allowed per team.
Swagster Clause - No Pokemon may have the ability Prankster and the move Swagger on the same set.

This is similar to PU, but we do allow Drizzle, Drought and Shadow Tag.

This has been requested so I will also list this - this is the list of banned Pokemon in the NFE tier:
  • Chansey, Combusken, Doublade, Fletchinder, Frogadier, Gligar, Haunter, Kadabra, Magneton, Porygon2, Rhydon, Scyther and any other Pokemon that is fully evolved.
The NFE tier will continually be updated by its own Tiering Council, and I will post signups soon if you wish to join. This is mainly for discussing suspect testing, bans or new HA's (e.g. Thick Fat Pignite). I will also be creating some viability rankings soon, with the help of the council, just to give you an overview of the tier and what you really need to watch out for.

I will be leaving this thread open for structured, competitive discussion on the metagame, so spamming will be dealt with. I also plan to host some unofficial tournaments on the metagame quite soon, so stay tuned for that :)

~ A big shoutout to the entire NFE Tiering Council, take a bow! ~

Also, check out the NFE Viability Rankings!

Last edited:

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
Approved, this is being added to the official tier list.

It will hit an official tournament at some point.

testing