• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Anyone wanna suggest me an anime?

EliteFourCronos

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I've had a particular itch for an anime lately and I'm looking for new ones to watch. Give me some of your favorites, I'll be happy to check them out. I'm a big fan of horror, mystery, tragedy, and just plain weird stuff, so let me know what you guys have got! Thanks to all of you! :)

~Cronos

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
I highly recommend watching Blood-C, its only 12 episodes long but the series leads into its movie Blood-C The Last Dark. (also try to finda site without censorship cause it ruins the feel of the shows focus aka tons of blood and gore.) Also try watching WitchCraft Works, the show is completely funny but has that serious mood to it too. And to top it off, Valkyria Chronicles is a must.

EliteFourCronos

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I highly recommend watching Blood-C, its only 12 episodes long but the series leads into its movie Blood-C The Last Dark. (also try to finda site without censorship cause it ruins the feel of the shows focus aka tons of blood and gore.) Also try watching WitchCraft Works, the show is completely funny but has that serious mood to it too. And to top it off, Valkyria Chronicles is a must.
I haven't heard of any of those and they sound incredible! Thank you so much! :D

Crimsonhorror

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I don't know if this would be your cup of tea, but the anime "Another" is quite intersting. It's slow building that the beginning but once the death and mystery starts it gets really interesting :)

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
I don't know if this would be your cup of tea, but the anime "Another" is quite intersting. It's slow building that the beginning but once the death and mystery starts it gets really interesting :)
Another is quite interesting, one of my exs got me into that anime and I got hooked. Also try To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun), the show is about espers that live in a city that has technology 30 years ahead from the world and about 80% of its population are students.

EliteFourCronos

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Another was phenomenal and I loved every minute of it. Know anything like that? :)
Another is quite interesting, one of my exs got me into that anime and I got hooked. Also try To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun), the show is about espers that live in a city that has technology 30 years ahead from the world and about 80% of its population are students.
I really never got into Railgun that much. I'm not sure what it was, but it just never hooked me :/
Try tokyo ghoul :D season 1 has finished but season 2 is being released soon
Tokyo Ghoul was actually one of the ones I marathoned recently. I loved it, but was so dissatisfied with the ending, but then I learned there's a season 2 so I'm just SUPER psyched!

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
anybody watched elfren lied before? is it good?
Its good if you like gore animes. I've seen people complain because of the gore content in it. But either way, I would recommend it to non-mainstream anime fans (those that do not watch Bleach, Naruto, Attack on Titans etc.)

drakcorian

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Its good if you like gore animes. I've seen people complain because of the gore content in it. But either way, I would recommend it to non-mainstream anime fans (those that do not watch Bleach, Naruto, Attack on Titans etc.)
ironically i watched all three before (at some point of my life)!

i too watch some non-mainstream in the past, but grew bored and failed to appreciate such storylines.

similar to chobits maybe? xD

its like i have to constantly put on my artsy-indie-anime appreciation googles to appreciate such anime, which although tires me, also makes me enjoy anime much better.

but whenever i'm in a lazy or "watch-it-fast" mode or transition in my life, i just go all one piece and bleach too, adding from the three you've previously mentioned also.

EliteFourCronos

Pokémon Champion
Credits
ironically i watched all three before (at some point of my life)!

i too watch some non-mainstream in the past, but grew bored and failed to appreciate such storylines.

similar to chobits maybe? xD

its like i have to constantly put on my artsy-indie-anime appreciation googles to appreciate such anime, which although tires me, also makes me enjoy anime much better.

but whenever i'm in a lazy or "watch-it-fast" mode or transition in my life, i just go all one piece and bleach too, adding from the three you've previously mentioned also.
Any genre you enjoy specifically? I'd love to recommend you some of my favorites :D

Try Miraii Nikki
My roommate actually has the box set for Mirai Nikki on DVD so I plan to rewatch that with him eventually! That's definitely one of my top 10 all time favorites though!

TheNexGen

Pokémon Champion
Credits
im kinda into mainstream anime lol but i would recommend deadman wonderland, it really got me hyped in the first episode but i haven't finished it, also hunter x hunter was a good anime to me, and jojo's bizarre adventures

liamcoso

Youngster Joey
Credits
I really enjoyed Knights of Sidonia (sidonia no kishi) and unbreakable machine doll. Pretty good bot.. On the ecchi side, please try strike witches.
Or if you want non-sense fun and comedy please also try hoozuki no reitetsu or space dandy.
And even if i know it's kinda girly stuff, i will always suggest my all time favourite anime, K-ON!

testing