• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Building a "REGION'S" Team for a local competition need advice

BigKchu

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hey Everyone,
I'm very new to battling but found a fun local competition I'd like to try out. They have several different "cups" and battle options, one I'm interested in, is the Region's Cup.

Here are the Rules:
6v6 double battle
each pokemon's evolutionary line must have originiated in a different generation land,
scizor counts as kanto
pichu counts as kanto
must have a pokemon representing each of the 6 regions

I am not sure how I should start building this team?

Start at Gen 6 and work my way down?

Monique

Youngster Joey
Credits
I would start with what kind of core you want in the team first, then worry about the generations rule after you've got your core. Cybertron Zheng has done some pretty good team building guides over on youtube for doubles battles, you should definitely check him out.

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Hey Everyone,
I'm very new to battling but found a fun local competition I'd like to try out. They have several different "cups" and battle options, one I'm interested in, is the Region's Cup.

Here are the Rules:
6v6 double battle
each pokemon's evolutionary line must have originiated in a different generation land,
scizor counts as kanto
pichu counts as kanto
must have a pokemon representing each of the 6 regions

I am not sure how I should start building this team?

Start at Gen 6 and work my way down?

With 721 pokemon you should be able to come up with 6 pokemon from different regions easily. What sites rules are they using for OU?

BigKchu

Youngster Joey
Credits
They are banning the following pokemon:
  • Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, White Kyurem, Black Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion.

I considered taking advantage of the fact that many of the "UBER Tier" from Smogon are not banned and using that to my advantage.

Aegislash

Blaziken

Gengarite (Mega Stone)

Greninja

Kangaskhanite (Mega Stone)

Lucarionite (Mega Stone)

Mawilite (Mega Stone)

Salamencite (Mega Stone)

Region's cup is only 1 of 6 different contests, so I suppose I am going to be building around the other cups, and then decide on fill-in's once I'm done based on the different Gen's

testing