• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Closed Casual user seeking advice on making credits :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillJoyNoel

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Hi all,

It may seem like a silly topic, but in my experience, it's quite difficult to make credits as a casual member who doesn't own a full on shop or Pokegen capabilities.

So far I've picked up credits through one off trades and forum activity, but I'm wondering if there's some steady stream to tap into that isn't as readily available in the forum.

Is there anything that people generally struggle to find but would be willing to pay for?

Some key points are that I don't want to actually buy credits, I'm not keen on rock, paper, scissors and that I don't ever intend to personally use Pokegen.

Lee-chan

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Well you can volunteer to do some work on the site, you might have to ask one of the mods.
But 9 times out of 10 youll need....
-PowerSave
-CyberGadget (6 gen)
-Pokegenning capabilities( 3-5 gen)
-Injection capabilities
-Winning tournaments (tournaments are bi-weekly)

KillJoyNoel

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
My point was more around avoiding all that stuff though, I just want to be able tp
Well you can volunteer to do some work on the site, you might have to ask one of the mods.
But 9 times out of 10 youll need....
-PowerSave
-CyberGadget (6 gen)
-Pokegenning capabilities( 3-5 gen)
-Injection capabilities
-Winning tournaments (tournaments are bi-weekly)

My point was more around avoiding all that stuff though, I just want to be able to do something that is part of the game, but as far as I can tell, it can all be artificially created

And as for tournaments, for one I can't afford entry and for 2, as a casual player I'd get nowhere near.

KillJoyNoel

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Oh god, this sounds complicated.
Agreed!
It's a really great size to help get things that are otherwise difficult to get or even unobtainable in the games, but getting to a point of affording things is difficult given all the dedicated shops - tnere's more positives than negatives though! :)

Lee-chan

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Agreed!
It's a really great size to help get things that are otherwise difficult to get or even unobtainable in the games, but getting to a point of affording things is difficult given all the dedicated shops - tnere's more positives than negatives though! :)
Haha yeah it does sound a bit much you can play rock-paper-scissors

Strawberries

Captain Mc. Salt'n
Donor
Journalist
Credits
I've also have the same problem that you do but I have a shop that has prices of 25 pc per pokemon but i can't pokegen so it's about 4-7 days to get a pokemon breeded with 5iv.

Possibly the best thing to do is to post useful stuff but not spam.
You can try shiny hunting get a few shinys and sell those if you really want to.
Pretty much your only other option is to sell 5iv pokemon or items.
There pretty much isn't anything you can't do with pokegen so your might be screwed.

Strawberries

Captain Mc. Salt'n
Donor
Journalist
Credits
sorry I didn't mention this before but right now when you give us feedback you are getting 1pc each time

KillJoyNoel

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I've also have the same problem that you do but I have a shop that has prices of 25 pc per pokemon but i can't pokegen so it's about 4-7 days to get a pokemon breeded with 5iv.

Possibly the best thing to do is to post useful stuff but not spam.
You can try shiny hunting get a few shinys and sell those if you really want to.
Pretty much your only other option is to sell 5iv pokemon or items.
There pretty much isn't anything you can't do with pokegen so your might be screwed.

Yeah I've sold a few 5IV Pokemon that were bred in the old fashioned way, but they're mostly one-offs when I happen to have something someone specifically requests in a post, but it's hard to get sales given the amount of pokegen shops, their capabilities and their prices!

I was thinking about shiny hunting, but then Pokegen can just do them with perfect IVs too :p

It's looking like I suspeĉted and that opportunism will be the key when specific posts arise and get to them first!

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Posting, creating interesting non-spam threads, selling pokemon, providing services, exc.

KillJoyNoel

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I think non-spammy forum activity is the key to keeping my credits ticking, it seems that everything else is covered by the pokegen shops, thanks for the input guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

testing