• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

[Discuss] Why There Might Not Be Character Customization

Argue

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Judging from the screenshot, the protagonist doesn't have a mirror in the room.

Of course, they don't show the far right of the room, so there's still a possibility there's a mirror there.

However, we can only wait and see!

ORAS SS:

2i040w2.jpg

Pokémon X/Y SS:

34jda3q.jpg

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Many things are wrong with this.

1. Why does the mirror bein gone make it so they can't have customization?
2. May has been shown to have more than 1 color bag in the trailers.
3. No customization would change the variety on the PSS, and it would be taking a big step in the wrong direction.

I understand where you may be coming from, but te mirror was just an introduction to the ability of changing clothes. I feel that now it's the second leg of the generation, there is no need to be a mirror (but at the same time, we are still gonna have to watch the pokemon catching tutorial, so you never know)

Argue

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Many things are wrong with this.

1. Why does the mirror bein gone make it so they can't have customization?

Simple. How do we look at our style with no mirror? Seems like no CC to me. We need a mirror, especially in the room. It's only right.

2. May has been shown to have more than 1 color bag in the trailers.

I disagree. Never did I see this. If you can provide detailed screenshots supporting this claim, please do.

3. No customization would change the variety on the PSS, and it would be taking a big step in the wrong direction.

Indeed, but they may revert to an old wifi system like black. I honestly don't know how the PSS looked in black, but the PSS may be different in this game. However, you make a great point and I strongly agree. I hope you're right.

I understand where you may be coming from, but te mirror was just an introduction to the ability of changing clothes.

It plays a big role imo and not seeing one in this game discouraged me. With lack of mirror evidence, I can safely assume non character customization.

I feel that now it's the second leg of the generation, there is no need to be a mirror (but at the same time, we are still gonna have to watch the pokemon catching tutorial, so you never know)

Again, valid point and logic. At the end though, we'll have to wait for the end result. Thanks for your voice Jigglyman. :D

(Shadowman fusing with jigglypuff = jigglyman xD)

My response in quote..

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
So when they revealed secret bases, they have a screenshot of a base owner. He didn't look like Brendan. So unless if they bring back the "customization" from 4th and 5th gen wifi rooms, then I'm pretty sure it's confirmed :)

Yungfaux

Hard at Work or Hardly Working
Staff member
Mod
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
This is a screenshot of the type of customisation available for characters in the secret bases. I don't know if this is the full extent or how much customisation this means, but its safe to say most of the features from XY will be in AO.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-11-15-32-43.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-11-15-32-43.png
    766.1 KB · Views: 127

Tcherri88

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I believe there will not be character customization because it's a remake of Ruby and Sapphire and those two games did not have CC

Yungfaux

Hard at Work or Hardly Working
Staff member
Mod
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
I believe there will not be character customization because it's a remake of Ruby and Sapphire and those two games did not have CC
That is a logical idea but if we look at soul silver and heart gold, they featured some new things in them that weren't in the original games. Such as the GTS. It adopted a lot of the look and feel of the then current generation as well as the features as mentioned before, so its likely Ruby and Sapphire will follow in those footsteps.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
To be honest, the lack of a mirror in the house doesn't mean that there's no character customization.

But then again, we're going to have to wait for further screenshots to confirm suspicions.

testing