• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Does Arceus consume the plate when used

desertfreak

Pokémon Champion
Credits
So, when you give a plate to Arceus, do they consume the plate meaning you can use it once, or are you able to change forms whenever you want and go back to the same form.

I.E. I give Arceus the water plate. Can I give him the fire plate and take back the water plate or can you only use them once? Thanks!!

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Haha no, not at all! The plate remains on the Pokemon for the entity of the battle, and cannot be removed during the battle (via Knock Off or other methods.) A plate on Arceus kind of works similarly to a mega stone, where it cannot be removed and is still on the Pokemon after the battle.

Additionally a plate on Arceus affects the typing of the move judgement. So if you attach an Earth Plate, you get a base 100 ground type judgement (basically earthquake.)

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits

desertfreak

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Nope! Plates are not consumable, and you can switch anytime outside of battle.

Edit: I got ninja'd by @Cheza! The humanity!
Haha no, not at all! The plate remains on the Pokemon for the entity of the battle, and cannot be removed during the battle (via Knock Off or other methods.) A plate on Arceus kind of works similarly to a mega stone, where it cannot be removed and is still on the Pokemon after the battle.

Additionally a plate on Arceus affects the typing of the move judgement. So if you attach an Earth Plate, you get a base 100 ground type judgement (basically earthquake.)

Thanks you two! This makes me feel a lot better. I'll tell my friend who just got a Arceus! I appreciate the help! :D

testing