Greetings

What is your favorite method of battling?

• Singles

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Doubles

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Triples

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fizzy

Youngster Joey
Credits
I stumbled across this website last night while I was searching for a Pokémon community that appealed to me and I was intrigued by some of the offers I saw. I was unaware that people are able to take Pokémon from X and Y and make them shiny. This gained my interest as well as seeing that there are some highly skilled battlers on this site.

I was in elementary school when the first generation of Pokémon was introduced and I loved it from the start. However, I never owned a video game system until I was in third grade and my first system was a Gamecube. When I got my hands on my own GBA SP a year later I was ecstatic. I soon obtained my own copy of Pokémon Ruby and this was where my adventure in Hoenn started. At the time I knew absolutely nothing of IVs, EVs, natures, or anything about the game outside of the super effective chart. This remained the same for quite some time. When Emerald came around I understood more about Pokémon and thought I was a skilled trainer (I wasn't) because I understood the effects of natures and had an okay understanding about what could make a Pokémon strong.

Then Pokémon Diamond and Pearl were released and I got myself a copy of Pearl. I didn't enjoy the Sinnoh region as much as Hoenn or Kanto (I have a copy of FireRed) although I did enjoy many of the new features. However, this was where my Pokémon adventure ended or so I thought at the time.

About a year ago, one of my friends told me about a Pokémon MMO and we both downloaded it and played it. Many features were different or disabled such as breeding but I learned about EVs and IVs and this is what brought my interest back into Pokémon. There was a whole new depth of strategy that I was ignorant to before and shorty after playing the MMO the announcement of Pokémon X and Y was made. I attempted to learn about the things I had missed from the fifth generation as well as things I didn't know about from previous generations that I had played.

When X and Y were released I was pleased to learn about the new breeding mechanics which would allow anyone to get perfect IVs without having to "cheat". I was also pleased with the updates they made to the graphics of the games. I've attempted battling competitively at least to some extent by using the Rating Battles, however, I find them limiting. I find singles boring due to the lack of change I see since you only use three of your Pokémon. However, I've found triple battles to be exciting and I've been updating my team when I find a new way to improve it. I also joined this forum in hopes of becoming a better singles battler in Rating Battles but primarily in 6v6 as well as getting better in other aspects, too.

TL: DR I thought I was done with Pokémon until I learned about EVs and IVs and some of the meta game and now I'm back in the world of Kalos until Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby make their long awaited return.

Primary games I play: Hearthstone, League of Legends, Diablo 3, and Kirby: Triple Deluxe

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits
Well I'm glad you came! Welcome! :)
My name's Dylan and I just wanna let you know that if you're ever looking for a sparring partner, just stop by the shout box and hit me up! :D
It's always good to see new faces here!
Hope to see you around! :D

McCloud

Aloof Wolf
Donor
Credits
Welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy being here. :D

testing