• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Gym Leader Application - Now OPEN 2024

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
GYMS are currently OPEN (1/03/2024)
How to apply:
- If you are applying to a leaderless gym, respond to this thread and you will be raised to leader of that gym
- If you are applying to a Gym that already has a leader, respond to that leader's gym thread and issue your challenge for leadership there.
Rules *Update*
- Gym leaders are allowed the use of 1 Uber Pokemon and 1 Uber item in their team
- Gym leaders must follow the appropriate Monotype clause ( 6 Pokémon with the same type. Dual typing is allowed, but they must all share a common type with the exception of a terastallized Pokemon)
- Gym leaders are allowed the use of terastallization, your Pokémons tera type does not need to follow the Monotype clause

- Challengers, including challenges to become gym leader, are not allowed the uber perk, and must adhere to normal OU 6v6 rules.
- Both Gym leaders and challengers must adhere to the following:
Sleep Clause (you may not put two of your opponent's Pokémon to sleep)
Dupe Clause (no more than 1 of the same Pokemon per team)
Evasion Clause (may not use a move which has the sole effect of raising Evasion, namely Double Team and Minimize)
- Battles can take place on showdown only if BOTH PARTIES agree to it.
- Gym leaders cannot use showdown as their ONLY means of battling. Meaning you must have a wifi team ready in case a challenger doesn't use showdown
- Battle format One on One (Singles) 6v6
- Double battles are allowed only if both parties (Gym Leader and Challenger) agree to Doubles 6v6 format before starting the match. Otherwise, all matches default to Singles 6v6.

Gym Leaders: (After Becoming a GL)
A thread will automatically be created here for your Gym. Edit and update the thread by copying and pasting the information below.:

Subject: (TYPE) Gym - Issue challenge here

Hello, my name is (NAME) i am the Perfect Pokemon's (GYM TYPE) type gym leader.
Feel free to challenge me by leaving a response below. Defeating me will earn you a (TYPE) badge.

Challengers:
names

Winners:
names

*Gym leaders must update their Challengers/Winners list after every battle
*You can customize your Gym by adding your slogan or Gym Banner below this information.

Awarding Your Gym Badges
After becoming a Gym Leader, you will be assigned a Gym Leader rank in the community.
This rank allows you to assign your Gym Badge to every other community member. To do so, click the 'Award Gym Badge' button under the challengers name on their profile page or card.
1704311995913.png

Click "here" for all current gym leader positions and activity reports*

To Become Gym Leader of a Gym With an Existing Leader
- You must defeat the current gym leader 2/3 battles using the appropriate monotype team. (E.g: to become the fighting gym leader, you must defeat the current gym leader, two out of three times, using fighting Pokemon.)
- You are not permitted to switch or edit your team between 2/3 battles for leadership of a gym (this goes for both the challenger and the defending gym leader.)
- If You lose a challenge for Gym Leadership, you must wait at least 14 days before reissuing another Leadership challenge.

While You Are A Gym Leader:
- If challenges exist (for the gym leader position) then the current gym leader has to accept, at least 1 challenge every 7 days (or forfeit his/her position as gym leader)
- If challenges exist for badges, then the current gym leader has to accept at least 1 badge challenge every 3 days. (or forfeit his/her position as gym leader, unless the gym leader explicitly states that he will be unavailable for a certain period of time)
- Gym leaders cannot become champion.
- Gym leaders MUST update their challengers/winners after each battle

Last edited:

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits

Fady

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I can be the fighting gym leader, since ghost was taken away from me :(

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
Hello! I saw the advert in Discord, and I'd like to try my hand at being the Bug-type Gym Leader! So this is my application for that!
The position is open, so give me a few minutes and I'll promote you. Welcome to the community btw!

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits

Axo trainer

Youngster Joey
Credits
GYMS are currently OPEN (1/03/2024)
How to apply:
- If you are applying to a leaderless gym, respond to this thread and you will be raised to leader of that gym
- If you are applying to a Gym that already has a leader, respond to that leader's gym thread and issue your challenge for leadership there.
Rules *Update*
- Gym leaders are allowed the use of 1 Uber Pokemon and 1 Uber item in their team
- Gym leaders must follow the appropriate Monotype clause ( 6 Pokémon with the same type. Dual typing is allowed, but they must all share a common type with the exception of a terastallized Pokemon)
- Gym leaders are allowed the use of terastallization, your Pokémons tera type does not need to follow the Monotype clause

- Challengers, including challenges to become gym leader, are not allowed the uber perk, and must adhere to normal OU 6v6 rules.
- Both Gym leaders and challengers must adhere to the following:
Sleep Clause (you may not put two of your opponent's Pokémon to sleep)
Dupe Clause (no more than 1 of the same Pokemon per team)
Evasion Clause (may not use a move which has the sole effect of raising Evasion, namely Double Team and Minimize)
- Battles can take place on showdown only if BOTH PARTIES agree to it.
- Gym leaders cannot use showdown as their ONLY means of battling. Meaning you must have a wifi team ready in case a challenger doesn't use showdown
- Battle format One on One 6v6

Gym Leaders: (After Becoming a GL)
A thread will automatically be created here for your Gym. Edit and update the thread by copying and pasting the information below.:

Subject: (TYPE) Gym - Issue challenge here

Hello, my name is (NAME) i am the Perfect Pokemon's (GYM TYPE) type gym leader.
Feel free to challenge me by leaving a response below. Defeating me will earn you a (TYPE) badge.

Challengers:
names

Winners:
names

*Gym leaders must update their Challengers/Winners list after every battle
*You can customize your Gym by adding your slogan or Gym Banner below this information.

Awarding Your Gym Badges
After becoming a Gym Leader, you will be assigned a Gym Leader rank in the community.
This rank allows you to assign your Gym Badge to every other community member. To do so, click the 'Award Gym Badge' button under the challengers name on their profile page or card.
View attachment 1899

Click "here" for all current gym leader positions and activity reports*

To Become Gym Leader of a Gym With an Existing Leader
- You must defeat the current gym leader 2/3 battles using the appropriate monotype team. (E.g: to become the fighting gym leader, you must defeat the current gym leader, two out of three times, using fighting Pokemon.)
- You are not permitted to switch or edit your team between 2/3 battles for leadership of a gym (this goes for both the challenger and the defending gym leader.)
- If You lose a challenge for Gym Leadership, you must wait at least 14 days before reissuing another Leadership challenge.

While You Are A Gym Leader:
- If challenges exist (for the gym leader position) then the current gym leader has to accept, at least 1 challenge every 7 days (or forfeit his/her position as gym leader)
- If challenges exist for badges, then the current gym leader has to accept at least 1 badge challenge every 3 days. (or forfeit his/her position as gym leader, unless the gym leader explicitly states that he will be unavailable for a certain period of time)
- Gym leaders cannot become champion.
- Gym leaders MUST update their challengers/winners after each battle
hi i woulld like to aply for the electric gym

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits

testing