• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Help making a competitive team please

Blacares

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hello I am new to the competitive scene of pokemon and I would like to get into it for the ORAS gen and would like some help and the only pokemon that I want on my team right now would be Greninja, Scizor, and an Eevee evolution preferrably an Umbreon or Vaporeon

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Vaporeaon could be a good physical or special wall for your team and resists fire moves that scizor is weak to.

Something to help with electric and grass types could help your team if you do use vaporeon.

JarDorK

Youngster Joey
Credits
hello, a greninja with the hidden ability protein for the stab effect, vaporeon will be good against fire and since he can learn good supportive attacks it will remain on the field longer, other pokemon that you should consider is garchomp because its a strong pokemon and its earthquake its strong stab, or a gardevoir because is both fairy and psychic

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
ninja- life orb- ice beam/ hydropump/ and wteva else u want ( dark pulse/extrasensory/ gunk shot/low kick/ grass knot/ HP something)

scizor is really up to u if u want to make it a support or main

I loveee umbreon :p moonlight/toxic/foulplay/protect or sylveon/vaporeon for wish pass

could do a rotom-w for tflame counters as well as eating up any electric and water hits

mebbe lando- eq/uturn/stoneedge/and mebbe knock off

and then either a tflame or arc/darm for fire coverage as well as other things cause of their decent movepool

Blacares

Youngster Joey
Credits
So with that i would have a team of Greninja w/protean a Scizor for the clear a Garchomp with damage and umbreon as a tank?

would espeon be good as a support or is that what i would use a umbreon for?

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
would espeon be good as a support or is that what i would use a umbreon for?
Please no double posting.

Espeon is frail so umbreon would be better support imo

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
I have an awesome vaporean build for special wall. Just inbox me and I will give you evs and everything for it :D.

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
can an eeveelution team be viable?

anything can be viable, but in all honesty its better just to make an OU team unless this is for some kind of special competition

testing