Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
I was in kindergarten and everyone else was playing it. :eek: I begged my parents for a Gameboy and Pokemon Blue and omg it was so great.

surprised-rainbow-face.png

pplzdude

Just A Nice Guy
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
I was maybe 2 or 3 years old, my uncle was playing it on his gameboy color so I did the same, my first game was pokemon Crystal and remains to be my favorite to this very day.

Eon_Blue

Youngster Joey
Credits
I started through the trading card game, couldn't tell you how long ago that was...all I know is that it was pre-generation 2.

kankuro236

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits
My friend was playing FireRed on the bus and I wanted to play so I got my mom to get me Sapphire off ebay. It was shipped from the Phillipeans and took forever to arrive.

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
i found out about pokemon through the anime as 5 year old little chunky boy, i didn't know anything about video games at all during this time. the person who showed me the game was my aunt on her original gameboy and my 2 cousins got a gameboy color. so i got a jealous especially because it was around my bday on my 6th birthday my step father bought me a gameboy color along with the games pokemon red, blue and yellow. and ever since then pokemon has been a part of my life.

SirPokebox

Youngster Joey
Credits
Well, when I first found about Pokemon I was about the age of 5 when you become a 'retard', so one day this mysterious programme appeared on tv called Pokemon, the opening theme alone made me poop myself for more so I begged my parents for this console called the gameboy(o this was the shit) and Pokemon yellow <- good shit, this truly made me drop the bombs.

kopy456

The Reversed Fighter
Credits
Pure genius goes into games like these ^

pplzdude

Just A Nice Guy
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
I can't remember, I was maybe 2 or 3 and played the originals, I think it may have been Yellow though I can't be sure.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
When I was 3, I had a monsters birthday party. My mom spoiled me and got me monster EVERYTHING! Cake, decorations, plates, napkins, etc. But... She had trouble getting monster candles... She looked on many websites, until she came across "pocket monster" candles. She got 3 to put on my cake, and I LOVED them! I didn't even play with my presents, because I had a pikachu, charmander, and elekid. (I tried putting the elekid in the outlet :3). From then on, I went to watch the shows, and I got sapphire and yellow when I was 5. Now, it is my life.

TheQuantumNexus

Pokémon Champion
Credits
The anime, I was obsessed with the anime for the longest time, and I got the games and loved it.

Argue

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
I was in the second grade when I first found out about pokemon. Ever since, it's been my life's passion. xD

Aki

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits
I saw the anime 17 years ago, and searched non-stop for everything Pokemon, being in the country I'm in it's only become popular in the recent years :(

So I've had to import a lot of my stuff, and sad to say the first Pokemon I played was on an Emulator, Pokemon Red.

About a year after that I finally got a Gameboy Color and imported the game Pokemon Crystal :)!!

Since then I've bought every Nintendo handheld just for the Pokemon game franchise and have never looked back :) !!

@pandapl I remember those tazo's, I took out mine yesterday and must have about 50 of them, they had different types of those didn't they, ones that were 3D and ones with stickers on top and if you peeled it off it's evolution would be under.

Cherub Tomo

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I used to watch the show on TV when I was about 3 or 4 years old and I really wanted to play the video games. My first cousin was a REALLY big fan of Pokemon, as well as Digimon, Power Rangers, etc. He would always show me his Pokemon Red, Blue, Silver, and Crystal Versions...so when I was 6 years old, my uncle got me a Game Boy Advance SP for my birthday and my first cartridge game was FireRed, and I have really enjoyed the games ever since...

testing