Moveset for shiny Braviary

Sara Crystal

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Hi there,

I took my time and went shiny hunting again and got myself shiny Rufflet. I was lucky and got the hidden ability, but it got mild nature. Im not sure how to do the moveset properly for this one, since its physical attacker. Should I just ignore the nature and go for some more common moveset?

Thanks!

callum

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Hi there, that is really unfortunate as whilst it is not impossible to a poor nature can really hurt your pokemon. Anyway i did about of thinking as if you really wanted to use this shinny. I think that the best set for it would be the one i am going to detail bellow. I think the smogon one here would work best.

Braviary @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Superpower
- U-turn

Whilst i would recommend this more for just fun play rather than straight competitive, i think it gives you the most success. I always find that for me Braviary needs more speed and i think this set gives you what your looking for. Let me know what you think

Sara Crystal

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I know its a shame that it wont be competitive. As for the set its nice. A bit similiar to what i have. Though I put tailwind on it to get some speed instead of Return and I think I might have haze on it too :). You definitely have a nice set there. Ill think it through. I also got a shiny Salandit I got on super long chain. Turned out to be female but adamant :(

callum

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Shame with the Salandit that is a shame as their is not much you can do with like 64 atk, i guess it looks good haha.

Sara Crystal

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I don't think that would be really worth it because even with evs maxed its attack would suck. And I don't think Sallazle gets Fell stinger. That would be epic :D

callum

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
yeah no that was what i was just wondering if it got it, doesnt seem to get any moves to real boost atk, and its not even like its 80atk which would be mildly usable as a trick

testing