Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Japan: September 17th 2015 (Released!)
North America: November 20th 2015*
Europe: February 19th 2016 (I'm so sorry...)

1. Do you know who you're going to choose as you and your partner Pokémon? 2. What will your team name be? 3. What are some of the hopes you have for this Mystery Dungeon Game?

Own the game already or plan going to get it?
Post your thoughts down below!

@Cheza I'd like to have Fennekin and Bulbasaur as my team! Fennekin is the only Kalos starter I like and learns Psychic moves and Bulbasaur is my favourite starter of all time! <3

They both help each others weaknesses (especially when they're fully evolved) and look good together as a team. :)

I'm unsure of a team name yet... but it will probably end up being something cheesy like "Team Destiny".

I really hope this game will be more like Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky and not like Gates to Infinity... the older Mystery Dungeon games had fun stories with dark plot twists, this game has a lot going for it with mega evolution and all the team choices so I'm hoping they don't mess it up! :D

K

Krelbit

I own the game, I've got a Japanese cartridge.. It's the same gameplay as GTI but with a better story, and more pokemon. The quiz is back and that made me nostalgic for the first games.

Larger pokemon will lag you if you're using a normal 3ds or 3ds xl and 3d. It's a bit disappointing as this was an issue in pokemon X/Y & OR/AS and it still has not been fixed.

7/10 but i've been playing tons of mystery dungeon games lately. It's a reskinned Etrian Mystery Dungeon, the story is even a bit identical, but with pokemon turning into stone as a plot driver.

The gameplay looks amazing in 3d but 3d hurts my eyes.

Any questions?

shiny luma

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I own game. It's the same gameplay as GTI but with a better story, and more pokemon. The quiz is back and that made me nostalgic for the first games.

7/10 but i've been playing tons of mystery dungeon games lately. It's a reskinned Etrian Mystery Dungeon, the story is even a bit identical, but with pokemon turning into stone as a plot driver.

Any questions?

Are there any cool game specific features like how you could use round objections to go into dungeons in GTI? I'm still debating if I want it and if there's anything really special about the game.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I own game. It's the same gameplay as GTI but with a better story, and more pokemon. The quiz is back and that made me nostalgic for the first games.

Any questions?
Crying... is there a lot of it in the game? That's my main issue with GTI, every time it introduced some potentially good characters they just fall on the ground and start crying for no reason... like completely out of character crying...

edit: Oh and is the game too easy? Another thing was that whenever you went to battle a boss all your friends joined you to make it not a boss at all... Bosses should be a "challenge" to processed through the game, not a pushover because all the villages destroy them for you...

Aaaand who're your team members and what is your team name!? :)

Last edited:
K

Krelbit

Crying... is there a lot of it in the game? That's my main issue with GTI, every time it introduced some potentially good characters they just fall of the ground and start crying for no reason... like completely out of character crying...

Who're your team members and what is your team name? :)

There's less crying. Nintendo obviously has toned down. My team consisted of a dunsparce, a pikachu, a blastoise, and a qwilfish.

My team name was このおかまやろう!

Edit following your edit: The game is about as hard as an actual pokemon game. That being said, it's much longer too, so if you want to get past the story mode into freeplay, it's going to take a while.

Are there any cool game specific features like how you could use round objections to go into dungeons in GTI? I'm still debating if I want it and if there's anything really special about the game.

There's a different way to recruit pokemon now. Instead of beating them in combat and hoping for luck you have to do separate sidequests to get to them. There are tons of dungeons (over 100 if i remember correctly) and 5 continents to explore.

There's a record feature for dungeons as well, although I haven't used it.
One of my favorite features was the Meowth Theatre. You'll see more of it if and when you get the game. It lowers your pokemon down to 5 and puts you through this super challenging obstacle course.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
There's less crying. Nintendo obviously has toned down. My team consisted of a dunsparce, a pikachu, a blastoise, and a qwilfish.

My team name was このおかまやろう!

Edit following your edit: The game is about as hard as an actual pokemon game. That being said, it's much longer too, so if you want to get past the story mode into freeplay, it's going to take a while.
Your team sounds glorious and the game sounds a lot better than GTI already <3 thx

testing