Suggest a team for a newbie to competition.

matsumouri

RNG Master
Credits
Hi, my name is matsumouri.
I am brand new to the competitive scene. I currently play in Generation VI.

I am looking for a starter team I can use for 3s (singles) and 6s (doubles).

I am open to any suggestions and I will be raising these pokemon by myself. (I enjoy it...don't judge me! :3)

If you would like to help me out post below. I am open to anything that is easy for a beginner to grasp or maybe something a bit intermediate. Please include a brief description if possible but it is not required.

I just bought the game a week ago after being away from Pokemon for a very long time (try generation III) and I just... can't get enough!!

I have just beaten the Elite Four.

Anyway, thanks.

Infernit

Youngster Joey
Credits
To get really into competitive battling you will need to learn how to bread / check for ivs etc etc. Although there are plenty of guides around and the more willing you are to put in the time you should be fine.

I would recommend before even doing that, going onto pokemon showdown and play the vgc mode so you can learn what's good etx, all smoogon doubles if you want to use pokemon that can be brought via pokebank.

Kist try different pokemon out, read, watch YouTube, there is no wrong way to play pokemon admittedly some teams are better but ag the end it comes down to the playwr, and slight luck

Senpai

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Senpai has noticed you. One must watch other poketubers to grasp a feel of the art of battling before you battle yourself. Then go on pokemon showdown and try to "mimic" your fav poketubers team but change it up a bit if you are confident enough. Remember that prediction and HAX is key. That is all for now in todays lesson. XP

matsumouri

RNG Master
Credits
I know all about the IV/EV grind, and I am very active on PKMN Showdown... although I have had a very frustrating lose streak. >.< Annoying...and discouraging.

I find myself not really knowing where to start.

Infernit

Youngster Joey
Credits
Common cores in vgc atm are the following;: Charizard Y/Venasaur/Rotom-Wash or another water mon.

Fairy/Dragon/Steel known as fantasy.

Psychic, Dark, Ghost. Just find a pokemon you want to use than just build a team core around it to cover weaknesses

Senpai

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I know all about the IV/EV grind, and I am very active on PKMN Showdown... although I have had a very frustrating lose streak. >.< Annoying...and discouraging.

I find myself not really knowing where to start.
The way i like to start is by making a team that leads with a pokemon i really like for example Greninja, make a team supporting him then go out and LOSE! Because by losing you see what your team lacks and you improve on that until you feel 100% satisfied with your team :)

matsumouri

RNG Master
Credits
Ugh... Rotom-Wash... no wai man...

I have more of a chance surviving in 3s than in doubles... thats where my trouble starts... (and the head smashing)!

Although I am going to keep at it. *raises fist* PERSISTENCE!

Axelezado

Pokémon Champion
Credits
The way i like to start is by making a team that leads with a pokemon i really like for example Greninja, make a team supporting him then go out and LOSE! Because by losing you see what your team lacks and you improve on that until you feel 100% satisfied with your team :)
this is what we called quote of the day

testing