• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Top 5 Most Viable: 5th gen Pokemon

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
In this thread, you give us your top five list of pokemon that are the best competitively. This list does not include ubers, and be ready to hold your opinion when your logic is questioned!

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
5. Galvantula
4. Darmanitan
3. Excadrill
2. Volcarona
1. Cofagrigus

MegaHitmonlee

Banger
Credits
I somewhat agree with that list. I'd personally would remove volcarona considering that 1. It takes 50% from stealth Rocks, 2. It needs set up with so much phasing, Statuses, and poor physical defense it just doesn't have the sweeping capability as much as it used to.

Although this may sound completely standard and I hate it Rotom-W needs to be in there. It's the backbone of OU with only 2 weaknesses but immune to it because of levitate. Except for Mold Breaker, Smack Down etc... It can take hits as well as dish out and switch initiative for both safe and aggressive gameplay.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I somewhat agree with that list. I'd personally would remove volcarona considering that 1. It takes 50% from stealth Rocks, 2. It needs set up with so much phasing, Statuses, and poor physical defense it just doesn't have the sweeping capability as much as it used to.

Although this may sound completely standard and I hate it Rotom-W needs to be in there. It's the backbone of OU with only 2 weaknesses but immune to it because of levitate. Except for Mold Breaker, Smack Down etc... It can take hits as well as dish out and switch initiative for both safe and aggressive gameplay.
Rotom was 4th gen, along with its forms. Volcarona is great, but you need to have a team. That will help him from his weaknesses, and if you get a free quiver dance up, you will be doing lots of damage.

MegaHitmonlee

Banger
Credits
Oh you're doing 5th exclusively? My apologies. Then I would replace Volcarona with Conkeldurr. Although slow and weak to psychic types, it has pretty good coverage in it's movepool and with guts as an ability it fears no burn and very powerful.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Oh you're doing 5th exclusively? My apologies. Then I would replace Volcarona with Conkeldurr. Although slow and weak to psychic types, it has pretty good coverage in it's movepool and with guts as an ability it fears no burn and very powerful.
What's your top 5 gen 5 pokemon? Competitively that is. I don't really care for conkelldur, due to how often people run talon flame. I don't always have a good switch to take two brave birds...

MegaHitmonlee

Banger
Credits
What's your top 5 gen 5 pokemon? Competitively that is. I don't really care for conkelldur, due to how often people run talon flame. I don't always have a good switch to take two brave birds...
TalonFlame is 6th gen though bro. Competitively Speaking my top 5 would not be in the order that I write them out but

Darmanitan
Cofagrigus
Excadrill
Conkeldurr
Ferrothorn

It also depends on which gen style gameplay you're talking about. 6th gen or 5th gen if it was 5th gen play style I'd replace Conkeldurr for Jellicent and if it was 6th gen play style I'd keep it as the same above. Although Mandibuzz, Reuniclus and Galvantula are good runner ups. That's just me.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
TalonFlame is 6th gen though bro. Competitively Speaking my top 5 would not be in the order that I write them out but

Darmanitan
Cofagrigus
Excadrill
Conkeldurr
Ferrothorn

It also depends on which gen style gameplay you're talking about. 6th gen or 5th gen if it was 5th gen play style I'd replace Conkeldurr for Jellicent and if it was 6th gen play style I'd keep it as the same above. Although Mandibuzz, Reuniclus and Galvantula are good runner ups. That's just me.
I'm talking about 6th gen meta, conk doesn't seem as useful, due to all the talonflames running amok.

testing