Why DexNav is amazing

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Well I have been trying to get a decent shiny shroomish for while now because I want a pokemon that has "caught in petalburg woods" on its description with my OT and everything. I thought it would be fun and give me some nice play time trying to get a legit one without cheating. Needless to say after hours and hours of dexnav hunting:

i3bddj.png

14j9ezm.png

o88bwi.png

Guess you cant really get better than this.....Now just to figure out how I want to build it.

Yungfaux

Hard at Work or Hardly Working
Staff member
Mod
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
6iv's, shiny, and legit? That's awesome! That's some luck right there, I cant even get regular shiny's. The last shiny I can remember getting legit other than red Gyrados is a shiny Geodude :D
I don't have ORAS yet, so can you explain what DexNav is?

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
6iv's, shiny, and legit? That's awesome! That's some luck right there, I cant even get regular shiny's. The last shiny I can remember getting legit other than red Gyrados is a shiny Geodude :D
I don't have ORAS yet, so can you explain what DexNav is?

DexNav is like a tool you can use when you find a pokemon in a certain zone it goes on your dexnav and from your dexnav you can select that pokemon that you have encountered in that zone before and it searches the area for that pokemon in the grass. The more times you encounter them, the higher your level for that pokemon in dexnav goes and the more often you find them exc. Works well for chaining.

Yungfaux

Hard at Work or Hardly Working
Staff member
Mod
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
DexNav is like a tool you can use when you find a pokemon in a certain zone it goes on your dexnav and from your dexnav you can select that pokemon that you have encountered in that zone before and it searches the area for that pokemon in the grass. The more times you encounter them, the higher your level for that pokemon in dexnav goes and the more often you find them exc. Works well for chaining.

Ah OK I understand now, that's gonna be useful for catching my faves ;)
I'm excited to see all the new stuff in the game and whatnot, thanks!

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Ah OK I understand now, that's gonna be useful for catching my faves ;)
I'm excited to see all the new stuff in the game and whatnot, thanks!
yah so basically that means if there is a pokemon you like but its only got a 5% spawn rate in that zone but you have leveled it up you could find one every 10 seconds.

Tobay

Youngster Joey
Credits
Yup, DexNav is pretty amazing, but in a cave or in the water it is a huge pain.
I tried to get a shiny sableye through DexNav-Chaining and did this for 3hours straight.
After those 3 hours I found out that my chain broke after 5 Sableyes, because they ran away.

testing