Writer's Corner

Giovanni

Honorable
Credits
Love Will Tear Us Apart​

Standing—lost in the moments of time. Emancipated from this ghost, the face in the mirror I look into every night. Thoughts—thoughts of him cut into my canvas, my overall mental health. The deteriorating limbic system left to decay over time like that of a uranium atom. The quicksand-like pace of that haunting memory fading—how I hope it all fades away one day like the rest of the world.

Hearing is for the strong, yet hearing is a curse. Hearing killed me; hearing did me in like it did to my father. Never thought of that book I wrote to him. Story after story—I failed to get through to him—I failed to find him. Hope left me a long time ago. Hope died on King Street, hope died that night. Yet, how doth the cage bird sing when it has a gun to its head?

Never tried before, I only remembered his banshee-like screams—the blood out of his mouth like a man-like spider hunting his prey—he has struck. He left marks on my wrist; he left needle-like slashes that seem to form a jail cell to my arm.

Jail cells are meant for the insane degenerates of this country—we see familiar faces and cry. The failures of life creep upon us like a buzzard hovering over the horizon, waiting to gouge our eyes out and feed us to her children.

Melancholy-like music coming out of the neighbor’s third story window of a Victorian house, the sounds of industrial landscapes, the sounds of a child’s screams—how they remind me of our situation. “Run away, hide little child.” “This world is not meant for you, nor is it meant for the gods above us.” Where is my place in this world then father?

Chilly drops, the dew has formed on the leaflet of the brownish grass outside. How the grass to be green, I remember when it was all green. It wasn’t all green due to simple manure, but that of a well-tended hoe, yet the hoe was broken by years and years of wear. The hoe became dilapidated; finally one day put of its misery coughing and fighting for air as it was smothered in a trash can.

The entrance to my heart sealed by trauma—pure trauma experienced by a blunt attempt with a crowbar. A crowbar meant to murder, a crowbar to murder the innocent bystander who tried. Everyone tried to save him—everyone tried to save him, yet they all failed. Everyone fails; everything dies in this place we call home. Mother said home is where the heart is, but where is my heart mother?

“He is bleeding on the floor!” “Someone call an ambulance!” However, where is an ambulance for a broken heart string?

Trying got me nowhere, trying got me nowhere with him.

I tried, god I tried, we all tried to save him. He was a goner—he went insane. He’s lost control again, but he wasn’t epileptic. He was autistic, but he blew his brains out due to the consequences of life. The consequences of failure—failure of a love that has fallen apart before my own eyes; I cannot undo what has been done to you darling.

matt

Pokémon Champion
Credits
The Dorm

Saku and his girlfriend Anastasia were walking down the hallway of Greenmen’s academy headed back to their dorms for a night of romance when suddenly a girl named Jenny was seen running down the hallway in their direction. Saku immediately noticed the girl but he had no idea why she was running. Jenny could be seen constantly looking back behind her as if running from something but neither Saku nor Anastasia could see anything behind her other than the darkness in the halls. The girl was panting as she ran looking in every direction as if trying to find a place to hide when she caught her eyes upon Saku and Anastasia, now no longer looking back Jenny began sprinting directly towards the couple screaming as loud as she could “ RUN, RUN! “. Anastasia was caught in confusion while Saku didn’t hesitate he immediately grabbed Anastasia’s hand and ran pulling her along with him. As Saku ran not looking back Anastasia turned her head looking to find that Jenny was right behind them only something was off…

As they continue running with Jenny right behind them Saku noticed a dorm room door cracked open with a tint of light coming out through the crack. Saku began running faster almost dragging Anastasia with him getting further and further ahead of Jenny. As they approached the door Saku gave Anastasia a hard pull flinging her to just in front of him, Saku then grabbed her body and almost tackled his way into the door while holding onto Anastasia. As Saku hit the ground with a thud he merely looked up to Anastasia and asked “are… are you ok? “ Anastasia simply smiled and nodded to which Saku let out a sigh of relief. As Anastasia got off of Saku she looked around seeing that Jenny wasn’t with them, her eyes immediately locked onto the still open doorway. As she approached the doorway she could hear Jenny’s panting beginning to get louder and louder until she could see Jenny sprinting through the halls. As she was just about to pass the door that Saku and Anastasia were inside Anastasia reached out of the door and grabbed Jenny by her shirt pulling as hard as she could to get her inside the room. Anastasia pulled so hard that the pair both fell tumbling into the room. Anastasia fell on top of the still fallen Saku while Jenny flew back up towards the doorway to quickly slam it shut and lock it and let out a sigh of relief. Both Anastasia and Saku turned to see that the door had been closed and let out a sigh of relief. As Anastasia looked backed at Saku which she was still laying on Saku gently kissed her lips to which Anastasia began to turn as if saying “wha … what was that for?” as she looked at Saku he said with a sigh of relief “ I’m glad your ok “ and layed his head back down on the ground. As Anastasia began to get off of Saku still a bit red in the cheeks she turned to jenny and said “ Hey do you mind explaining what that was?!?! “ Jenny however merely looked at the ground as her hands could be seen shaking ever so slightly as if even the thought of what had just happened was too much for her to comprehend.

testing