• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Your Theories in Pokemon?

TheQuantumNexus

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I intended this to be a companion discussion with kopy456's "Science in Pokemon" thread, as when I tried thinking of examples of science, I couldn't think of any off the top of my head.

Rather, I encountered some theories in my head. I also encountered some online. Do you have any "pokemon theories"? Let's hear them!

Example: Diantha's inspiration comes from Princess Diana (and a little Audrey Hepburn)

So, here's the theory I came across online. There are numerous theories of everything Pokemon, but anyway, the one I found interesting is that there is evidence that Diantha, Champion of Kalos, is based off of Princess Diana as well as Audrey Hepburn. Princess Diana was the princess of Wales. If you look at pictures of her, she looks strikingly similar to Diantha physically. Now, here's something obvious. Diana + "th" = Diantha. Wow, hard to miss...
Anyway, Princess Diana was killed in Paris. This is significant because Diantha is found in the very city based off of Paris, Lumiose City, after the game. She is wearing white clothing with seeming "wings", perhaps an angelic visualization of Princess Diana?

Also, Diantha shares similar physical attributes to Audrey Hepburn, an actress. This is also funny because Diantha is an actress. Do you have any Pokemon "theories"?

kopy456

The Reversed Fighter
Credits
This isn't as much of a Theory as it is a statement but, here goes
A world with Pokemon would terrifying to live in, to be honest. If you read some of the pokedex entrys, thats when it starts getting creepy. For example, in Pokemon Y, Drifloon has an odd pokedex entry
These Pokémon are called the "Signpost for Wandering Spirits." Children holding them sometimes vanish.
"Seems relatively fine, with this knowledge, children know not to grab Driflons, as we have the common sense not to touch a sting ray." Its not all just having common sense though

Pokemon Peral states that Drifloon tugs on the hands of children to steal them away. This means that Drifloon, that cute little baloon, actually trys to kidnap children. Other infamous Entrys are Kadabra, which states he was cursed to become a pokemon, and Hypno, which hypnotizes people and takes them away. Dusknoir is notorious for dragging people to the underworld, Malamar eats people with acid, etc.

Pokemon are actually terrifying in a sense, but still, I would take my chances living in that world.

Whew, that took forever to type

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Pokemon is a post nuclear world. Animals mutated to have supernatural powers. The game is taking place while humans are rediscovering thr world and thats why other regions arent mentioned in the first gen, as well as other gens.

kopy456

The Reversed Fighter
Credits
Pokemon is a post nuclear world. Animals mutated to have supernatural powers. The game is taking place while humans are rediscovering thr world and thats why other regions arent mentioned in the first gen, as well as other gens.
Never thought of it like that, cool!

testing