Your Thoughts on Popular Questions about Pokemon Sun and Moon ?!

Whatcha think so far Pokemon Sun or Moon ?

• Total voters

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
Don't worry I made this discussion thread and am a Mod ill take care of the double post.
Thanks for you guy's thoughts you both made great points :)
Good guy Brock. What a homie. Thanks, dude.

EDIT:
I also wanted to address the question of potential features, but that post got so long...
I really do want to see an implementation of a spectate mode. Like on the League of Legends homepage, there are recommended Ranked matches to watch. Nintendo has had some very hit and miss moments across games when it comes to online and matchmaking *cough*BRAWL*cough*, and lobbies might be asking for a bit much. Dedicated competitive companies like Namco and ArcSys have to work very hard to make these things work, and they require a good amount of upkeep. But Nintendos latest generation of games has really shown some competence and improvements in this area, so I don't think it's out of the question at all.
A free-roam overworld function like the Eon Flute would also be really cool. Dunno how they'd make it work, since we dunno what the pokemon in the series are gonna be, but I want it. Simple as that.
A crafting system would be amazing. How many times have you stocked up on pots early in the game, intent on blazing through this next Rock-Tunnel-esque area, only to find Super Pots in the next town? Yeah, sure you can sell them to essentially get some free Supes, but what if you could combine lower-tier items to create their upper echelon counterparts? Or even limited items that aren't sold in shops like Ethers or PP Maxs? Sacred Ash that you never use? Craft it with a Mental Herb and get TM XX Flamethrower!
Roller skates would be cool if we still lived in the middle of the 90s. What about skateboards? What if you could compete with you bike and your board a la Dave Mirra/Tony Hawk, and get rewards or points or money? Or have your Pokemon compete as Street Sharks! This one is a little out there, and I doubt Nintendo is eager to spend their budget on a minigame any more complex than the existing Pokemon Contest. But this is a wishlist, so I can afford to be a little whimsical, right?
I'll definitely come back to this as I daydream up more stuff.

Last edited:

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
Good guy Brock. What a homie. Thanks, dude.

EDIT:
I also wanted to address the question of potential features, but that post got so long...
I really do want to see an implementation of a spectate mode. Like on the League of Legends homepage, there are recommended Ranked matches to watch. Nintendo has had some very hit and miss moments across games when it comes to online and matchmaking *cough*BRAWL*cough*, and lobbies might be asking for a bit much. Dedicated competitive companies like Namco and ArcSys have to work very hard to make these things work, and they require a good amount of upkeep. But Nintendos latest generation of games has really shown some competence and improvements in this area, so I don't think it's out of the question at all.
A free-roam overworld function like the Eon Flute would also be really cool. Dunno how they'd make it work, since we dunno what the pokemon in the series are gonna be, but I want it. Simple as that.
A crafting system would be amazing. How many times have you stocked up on pots early in the game, intent on blazing through this next Rock-Tunnel-esque area, only to find Super Pots in the next town? Yeah, sure you can sell them to essentially get some free Supes, but what if you could combine lower-tier items to create their upper echelon counterparts? Or even limited items that aren't sold in shops like Ethers or PP Maxs? Sacred Ash that you never use? Craft it with a Mental Herb and get TM XX Flamethrower!
Roller skates would be cool if we still lived in the middle of the 90s. What about skateboards? What if you could compete with you bike and your board a la Dave Mirra/Tony Hawk, and get rewards or points or money? Or have your Pokemon compete as Street Sharks! This one is a little out there, and I doubt Nintendo is eager to spend their budget on a minigame any more complex than the existing Pokemon Contest. But this is a wishlist, so I can afford to be a little whimsical, right?
I'll definitely come back to this as I daydream up more stuff.
np wow you really share your feelings about this with so many words its very interesting to read
Its good to see a new member knowing the rules beforehand and making sure everyone else knows as well. Don't know what else to do but give you a big thumbs up :Thumbsup:

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
np wow you really share your feelings about this with so many words its very interesting to read
Its good to see a new member knowing the rules beforehand and making sure everyone else knows as well. Don't know what else to do but give you a big thumbs up :Thumbsup:
Thanks, man. I try to keep the place as orderly and organized as I can. As an enthusiast of game design, I try to approach all games this way. I really think we can get so much more out of them than just the surface level experience of playing through and collecting tidbits and facts. We should make an earnest effort to understand our games so we can fully appreciate them, not just take them for granted because they've been dropping on us all our lives.
After all, eventually, it'll be up to us to create the next big pokemon installment. We should be able to do them justice.

But that's just like, my opinion man.

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
Think it would be very hard to make a good story for Lunatone & Solrock since they've been around for so long
Yeah I can understand that also there kinda plain looking maybe they'll just be a staple from what you can catch in the wild.

Samaritan

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
How about a new Pokemon between solrock and lunatone. Team Eclipse is the most obvious guess for this new generation.

desertfreak

Pokémon Champion
Credits
The thing I've wanted forever that I think that Sun and Moon can introduce Is Cosmic type. So many Pokemon can get this type (Deoxys anyone?) what do you think it would be effective or resistant against?

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
The thing I've wanted forever that I think that Sun and Moon can introduce Is Cosmic type. So many Pokemon can get this type (Deoxys anyone?) what do you think it would be effective or resistant against?
Cosmic kinda feels like it would be a reskinned/revamped Psychic typing. Reason being, if you ever watch any subbed Pokemon, especially Origins, you'll notice they refer to Psychic as Esper, which is a corruption of ESPer. Literally, someone with ESP. Which makes a lot of sense translated, right? Well if we break down ESP, clairvoyance; psychokinesis; precognition; retrocognition; telepathy; etc, they all come down to irregualr and notable interaction within spacetime. Acting more directly with Minkowski space than we, per se.
If that isn't Cosmic, what is?

desertfreak

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Cosmic kinda feels like it would be a reskinned/revamped Psychic typing. Reason being, if you ever watch any subbed Pokemon, especially Origins, you'll notice they refer to Psychic as Esper, which is a corruption of ESPer. Literally, someone with ESP. Which makes a lot of sense translated, right? Well if we break down ESP, clairvoyance; psychokinesis; precognition; retrocognition; telepathy; etc, they all come down to irregualr and notable interaction within spacetime. Acting more directly with Minkowski space than we, per se.
If that isn't Cosmic, what is?
Honestly never knew that (I've only played the video games) however it makes sense. I would love to see the psychic type and space connection explored more. Like to get the legends you need to go to a different planet and explore there. Sorts like Deoxys but with more depth.

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
Honestly never knew that (I've only played the video games) however it makes sense. I would love to see the psychic type and space connection explored more. Like to get the legends you need to go to a different planet and explore there. Sorts like Deoxys but with more depth.
It's pretty prevalent in the language. You'll also catch it in Haruhi Suzumiya and the likes. Fun little factoid.
There was a leaked list showing the Legends as "Quantum", "Singularity", "Time" and such, but it was ultimately debunked.
We did already get Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina to help us explore other planes of existence, and we traveled into the ionosphere atop a MegaRay, so extraterrestrial travel is pointedly not out of the question.

testing