• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Breeding a 5 iv poke to get a 6?

oashworth

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hi everyone
Thank you once again to all of you for your support in getting me up to date with breeding. Shout out to Hazama for being an absolute beast Pokemon trainer.

Anyway guys, quick question, what is the easiest way to get a Pokemon with 5 perfect iv's to 6 perfect iv's. i have a ditto with 6 perfect iv's holding a destiny knot and have a gastly with 5 perfect iv's with an everstone to pass down its nature, but i keep getting 5 iv Pokemon with a bad speed stat. the other gastly doesn't have a perfect speed stat but has everything else perfect, do i just keep going until i find a perfect one or do i breed until i get a gastly with perfect speed stat and then keep breeding until i am lucky?

oashworth

Youngster Joey
Credits
i get that their base stats are different, but IV wise as far as i am aware it is possible to get a flawless pokemon with 31 in each isn't it? - i just dont know how to pass on the good speed stat from the ditto to the ghastly, cause i need the destiny knot on him.

zZZhafuanZZz

Youngster Joey
Credits
From what I know, some pokemons cannot have 6ivs... The only pokemon that I know that can't have 6 perfect Ivs is Honedge..

shingaru

Youngster Joey
Team Elite
Credits
its pure luck for the 6iv poke. just keep trying buddy and eventually you will get it. 5iv and 6iv pokemon/ you have 1/31 chance your wild card iv will be perfect/

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits

oashworth

Youngster Joey
Credits
alright fair enough, so just keep breeding the 5 iv gastly with the 6 iv ditto, keep the destiny knot on ditto and then just keep breeding over and over with the everstone on the gastly. its annoying i think i could use a power bracelet or whatever it is for speed but obviously that would mess it up. ill just keep trying

testing