• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Help me Improve my Team

creardon13

Youngster Joey
Credits
I just made a rain team. Weather teams are actually really new to me, so I was wondering someone here would mind helping me improve it? You can take a look at it right here. Thanks in advance!

MegaUmbreon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
If your Sableye gets knocked out, then there's nothing to stop a speedy or tanky Grass or Electric type from sweeping :/

creardon13

Youngster Joey
Credits
If your Sableye gets knocked out, then there's nothing to stop a speedy or tanky Grass or Electric type from sweeping :/
You're totally right...I guess i could trick room a speedy grass type, but no protection against a tank. Any suggestions?

MegaUmbreon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
Maybe a greninja? It can get STAB bonus with protean on moves that are super effective against electric and grass. Otheer than that I'm not sure

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Just a suggestion, but you could try running Mega-Manectric, and you can give it Thunder.

McRiddles

Enigmatic
Donor
Credits
Just a suggestion, but you could try running Mega-Manectric, and you can give it Thunder.
Mega Manectric or my personal fave, Thundurus would be a good option to have Thunder. Thunder hits every time when rain is active.

I would also swap Gorebyss out for Ludicolo. Ludicolo is great for a rain team and has access to Grass STAB moves. Plus, it's a pineapple duck!

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Mega Manectric or my personal fave, Thundurus would be a good option to have Thunder. Thunder hits every time when rain is active.

I would also swap Gorebyss out for Ludicolo. Ludicolo is great for a rain team and has access to Grass STAB moves. Plus, it's a pineapple duck!
Agreed, Ludicolo is a great addition to any rain team, as well as Thundurus. Also, if you're having one of the genies, why not two? Tornadus gets Hurricane, which is also 100% accurate in the rain :)

DestinedShadows

Youngster Joey
Credits
Matt_192 said:
Agreed, Ludicolo is a great addition to any rain team, as well as Thundurus. Also, if you're having one of the genies, why not two? Tornadus gets Hurricane, which is also 100% accurate in the rain :)

If Tornadus is an option then I would prefer Tornadus-T over Tornadus-I. Although you lose out in a bit of power, you get more bulk and speed to make up for it. Plus, Regenerator is a great ability to use so you can scout what your opponent is using since Tornadus recovers some HP upon switching out.

To creardon13, Ferrothorn is also an option, as it's Grass/Steel typing allows you to take a slow stalling approach with the team and (somewhat) nullifies the damage it takes from fire moves. A Leech Seed Leftover set is viable in a rain team, and is especially good if you were to add a Trick Room element into the mix.

testing