• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

How does these tiers work?

SantaBoogy

Youngster Joey
Credits
As you can guess I'm new to the competitive battling. I was wondering when you're attending any play pokemon event, are there restrictions on which pokemon to use and which can you use in these events?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Welcome to the site! Firstly, the tiering sub-forum is for official tier lists and rankings - questions like this should be asked in the competitive battling sub-forum so I moved it there.

Play! Pokemon events follow a different tier list to the one we follow on the site. Most official tournaments are in a VGC (Doubles 4v4 format) with most game exclusive and event legendaries banned. On our site, we follow a different set of tiers centered around the Singles metagame.

• Mewtwo
  • Mew
  • Lugia
  • Ho-oh
  • Celebi
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Jirachi
  • Deoxys
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Phione
  • Manaphy
  • Darkrai
  • Shaymin
  • Arceus
  • Victini
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem
  • Keldeo
  • Meloetta
  • Genesect
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zygarde
  • Diancie
  • (Soul Dew)
This is the VGC banlist

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
This^^

Also most Pokemon you need for "Official Nintendo Tournaments" have to be KB / bred in 6th generation. Sometimes depending on the tournament they'll allow transferred Pokemon from 5th generation and below.

The Pikachu tournament that recently happened allowed transfer Pokemon and only the use of electric type Pokemon, so they had a different ban list. :)

SantaBoogy

Youngster Joey
Credits
This^^

Also most Pokemon you need for "Official Nintendo Tournaments" have to be KB / bred in 6th generation. Sometimes depending on the tournament they'll allow transferred Pokemon from 5th generation and below.

The Pikachu tournament that recently happened allowed transfer Pokemon and only the use of electric type Pokemon, so they had a different ban list. :)
Thanks for telling me. Well, I only started breeding now in sixth gen, so I won't have any problems :) I was happy when I breeded my first perfect bagon :p Took me a while..:Dead:

Wooper

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Tiers are only in smogon vgc just has a banlist of some of the legendaries

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Tiers are only in smogon vgc just has a banlist of some of the legendaries
Perfect Pokemon has its own tier list and tiering council! Check out the PP tiers, here! :)

testing