• AI Team Builder + Other Improvements

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
I'm considering adding a Looking for Group (LFG) system to our website to help users efficiently form teams for BBQs, battles, trades, and other activities. Implementing this feature would require reallocating resources, which might delay other projects such as completing the Pokedex and enhancing the marketplace. Additionally, we've begun planning an AI Team Builder, which would also be paused if we prioritize the LFG system. I'm unsure if the benefits of the LFG system justify potentially postponing these other improvements. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. What do you all think?

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
I believe its a matter of priority.

In the case of LFG being successful you need a solid active member base to make use of it ~ also its a feature many forums and discord channels offer aka not super unique as a concept even if you added a twist.

The pokedex is a great reference source but again that really only shines when people are active in using it.

Marketplace has long term affects on the functionality and financial success of the site and determines ease of entry/use for buyers and sellers which may determine whether someone finds a purpose of being active on the site esp those looking for side income which is highly popular right now.

The AI Team builder is truely the most unique option and is the only thing that can be considered a new concept for the game esp in recent times with AI being more available. While it is true that some may copy the idea after finding a working one and trying to scrape code it is also true that just by them finding it the initial wave of people will pass through us.

With Ai drawing people in and the marketplace locking people into our fourm itd be most beneficial to focus on these two things.

However I must point out that these 2 things must be either released together or marketplace must be released and tidied up first so as not to fail in retaining the wave from the Ai building.
That being said it is also only a matter of time until someone else tries to make their own team builders as well since its getting easier to have access to Ai.

In my opinion it would be most beneficial to prioritize these 2 things and drop the others for the time being, LFG and pokedex only act as support tools for an active user base they do not attract or retain them.

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
I believe its a matter of priority.

In the case of LFG being successful you need a solid active member base to make use of it ~ also its a feature many forums and discord channels offer aka not super unique as a concept even if you added a twist.

The pokedex is a great reference source but again that really only shines when people are active in using it.

Marketplace has long term affects on the functionality and financial success of the site and determines ease of entry/use for buyers and sellers which may determine whether someone finds a purpose of being active on the site esp those looking for side income which is highly popular right now.

The AI Team builder is truely the most unique option and is the only thing that can be considered a new concept for the game esp in recent times with AI being more available. While it is true that some may copy the idea after finding a working one and trying to scrape code it is also true that just by them finding it the initial wave of people will pass through us.

With Ai drawing people in and the marketplace locking people into our fourm itd be most beneficial to focus on these two things.

However I must point out that these 2 things must be either released together or marketplace must be released and tidied up first so as not to fail in retaining the wave from the Ai building.
That being said it is also only a matter of time until someone else tries to make their own team builders as well since its getting easier to have access to Ai.

In my opinion it would be most beneficial to prioritize these 2 things and drop the others for the time being, LFG and pokedex only act as support tools for an active user base they do not attract or retain them.
Thanks for your opinion Ary

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
ill comment when I have some free time to figure my thoughts

MakxJunior

Youngster Joey
Credits

Gym Badges

I'm not sure what to think here. I might be leaning more to the LFG. To be honest a bit of my water type gym team came from googles AI Gemini (Which is not that smart) and I think its pretty solid. You can find team builders out there but now I am thinking how often are people gonna be online on the site. You see for LFG you need multiple people online at once but the team builder you only need to be online. I mean you can always like make a thread for a LFG group idk or implement it later. I have mixed thoughts tell me what you think.

eterna

Youngster Joey
Credits

Gym Badges

The ai teambuilder would be useful as it could help people who dont really understand much about online battles to help them build a team. the LFG Would be interesting in concept but i think the teambuilder would be something better to prioritise as it could help bring people in for the LFG system

MakxJunior

Youngster Joey
Credits

Gym Badges

The ai teambuilder would be useful as it could help people who dont really understand much about online battles to help them build a team. the LFG Would be interesting in concept but i think the teambuilder would be something better to prioritise as it could help bring people in for the LFG system
I agree with eterna

testing