• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Regrettable Moments in Pokemon

Ejac

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hopefully I'm not the only one who has made one of those colossal mistakes while playing pokemon throughout the years!
I remember when I was a kid playing Blue Version I went to school super excited because I had defeated Articuno! My excitement was quickly shattered when my friend said "you're supposed to catch Articuno not kill it..." I walked away in shame.
Whether it was knocking out a shiny or not saving your game when you REALLY should have lets hear about it!

Unproxied

Tier 1
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
When I got my first Pokemon game I was about 10. It was Pokemon Silver for Gameboy Color.

I ran into a shiny Butterfree. I saw the sparkle and odd color. I thought my game had glitched, so I killed it. -.-

Beck

Who is Beck?
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
When I got my first Pokemon game I was about 10. It was Pokemon Silver for Gameboy Color.

I ran into a shiny Butterfree. I saw the sparkle and odd color. I thought my game had glitched, so I killed it. -.-
I feel you.

The shiny Geodude I encountered exploded in the first turn... My 11 year old mind couldn't handle it.

Strawberries

Captain Mc. Salt'n
Donor
Journalist
Credits
When I first played pokemon gold, I ran into a shiny voltorb threw a great ball at it, it had 2 shakes then used self-destruct. :(

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Teaching HMs to starters in gen 1

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
I was trying to catch Lugia in the original Pokemon Silver when I was 7 years old. I was playing late at night and my dad caught me, took my game away which he ran away from the battle and saved my game. I was so pissed at him when he did that.

pokemonjam

Youngster Joey
Credits
when i seen a shiny graveler in pokemon gold, i tried to use a pokeball, instead of an ultra.... needles to say it escaped and did selfdestruct

Less

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Credits
I was in battle with a Latia on Pokemon Sapphire.. I got distracted and I clicked the attack button..
Ended up killing her.

TysCharizardY

Youngster Joey
Credits
Killed a shiny Onix when i was 7, thought my game had a glitch so i killed it :(

TrainerBlue

Youngster Joey
Credits
Running into my first shiny and having zero pokeballs. Since then I always carry at least 99 on me at all times. Come back to me Mankey :Cry:

TheOddSusie

Youngster Joey
Credits
Must have been about 7 when I ran into a shiny Pidgy. (Only shiny I've ever ran into.) My child brain got scared and I ran away... I RAN AWAY. x')

Fiyer Lord

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Random shiny graveler encounter in Platinum; threw an ultra ball knowing the consequences if i didn't catch it. It broke free and self-destructed, I try to always carry a masterball now

testing