• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Closed Roserade competive help Update-9-12-14

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I am adding a Roserade to my compet. team. This is what I have so far:
Protean modest life orb Greninja- I-Beam, Extrasensory, Surf, U-turn 252Spa 252Spe 4Hp
Gooey modest assault vest Goodra-I-beam,T-bolt,Flamethrower,dragon pulse 252Hp 252Spa 4spd
Stance Change Aegislash- Sacred Sword, Kingshield, Shadow Sneak, S-dance 252Atk 252Spe 4Def
I want to want what her role should be and what moves, item, and Evs she should have.

Last edited:

Unproxied

Tier 1
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
I would change some moves on your team.

Change Surf to Hydro Pump, Extrasensory to Dark Pulse, Iron Head to Sacred Sword, Dragon Pulse to Draco Meteor, Ice Beam to Sludge Bomb or Dragon Tail for the ability to phaze.

I'd run a Naive nature over Modest on Greninja to get the most Attack power out of U-turn while gaining momentum and maximizing Speed.

Max HP EVs on Goodra is probably a better option the the 252 Def you have right now as well. Maybe 248 HP/252 SpA/8 SpD.

As for Roserade, it's best role is an Offensive Spiker or Specially Defensive wall.

Roserade @Life Orb
Timid
Natural Cure
4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
Spikes
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder

You can also run HP Fire in conjunction with the Technician ability on this set to KO Steel types that resist Roserade's STAB moves.

Roserade @Black Sludge
Calm
Natural Cure
252 HP/240 SpD/16 Spe
Spikes
Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Sludge Bomb

Synthesis can also be ran over Leech Seed on this set.

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I would change some moves on your team.

Change Surf to Hydro Pump, Extrasensory to Dark Pulse, Iron Head to Sacred Sword, Dragon Pulse to Draco Meteor.

I'd run a Naive nature over Modest on Greninja to get the most Attack power out of U-turn while gaining momentum and maximizing Speed.

Also, Ice Beam and Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor are overlapping coverage on Goodra. I'd change Ice Beam to Sludge Bomb or Dragon Tail for the ability to phaze.

252 HP on Goodra is probably a better option the the 252 Def you have right now as well.

As for Roserade, it's best role is an Offensive Spiker or Specially Defensive wall.

Roserade @Life Orb
Timid
Natural Cure
4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
Spikes
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder

You can also run HP Fire in conjunction with the Technician ability on this set to KO Steel types that resist Roserade's STAB moves.

Roserade @Black Sludge
Calm
Natural Cure
252 HP/240 SpD/16 Spe
Spikes
Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Sludge Bomb

Synthesis can also be ran over Leech Seed on this set.
I know that Hydro Pump is stronger but the accuracy is less than desired.
I ran sacred sword before but iron head gets stab and has a chance to flinch. So why is it better?
So 252hp and 252spa 4def for goodra is better than 252def? Why its def is so low though?
For Roserade I think I will use the offense set.

Unproxied

Tier 1
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
You just want to use Goodra as a special wall. It can tank a physical hit with the Assault Vest, but I wouldn't switch it into any.

Sacred Sword hits some threats, such as Heatran and Bisharp for decent damage, who would otherwise wall your Aegislash with Dark, Fire and Ground moves.

Other Pokemon it adds coverage to that threaten Aegislash are: Mamoswine, Excadrill, Diggersby and Tyranitar. I'm sure there are lots more that fear Sacred Sword, but threaten with EQ and other moves.

I know you're trying to run an all physical Brave Fencer set, but I honestly prefer a mixed set. Quiet nature, 0 Spe with Flash Cannon, Shadow Ball and Sacred Sword. It allows Aegislash to attain perfect coverage.

testing