• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Sunny Wall Doubles. Help needed.

Tigarian

Youngster Joey
Credits
Im just now getting into competitive battling and I have been working on a concept team I would like some help with. The idea is running a stall team to control the flow of the fight. I want to incorporate a lot of self healing, entry hazards and dots. This is what I have so far.

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Harvest
-Horn Leech
-Phantom Force
-Will-O-Wisp
-Protect
-Forest Curse (thinking about this one since Sunny Days uses a lot of fire types)

Arcanine @ Undecided
Intimidate
-Wild Charge (Updated)
-Flare Blitz
-Morning Sun
-Close Combat

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Stance Change
-Kings Shield
-Substitute
-Flash Cannon (Updated)
-Shadow Ball (Updated)

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Drought
-Solar Beam
-Flamethrower
-Fire Spin
-Protect

Venusaur @ Big Root
Chlorophyll
-Sunny Day
-Synthesis
-Giga Drain
-Protect

Mienshao @ Shell Bell
Regenerator
-U-Turn
-Drain Punch
-Quick Guard (Updated)
-Knock Off

Last edited:

jasonsaint

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
If it's Doubles I would definitely add Wide guard to your Aegislash's move pool. You have a huge Rock Slide/EQ/Surf weakness.

Outside of Aegislash and Trevenant you have no means of combating or reversing a trick room team. Might be worth swapping Trevenant for an Imprison + Trick Room Chandelure, possibly holding an air balloon.

Fire Spin on your Charizard and Arcanine seems a waste unless trapping opponents pokemon is your game plan. I would swap them for Air Slash and Wild Charge respectively.

Mienshao really doesn't need protect. (In the metagame it can realistically only be OHKO by flying/psychic and fairy attacks which an Aegislash switch would cover) I would swap it for Fakeout for offensive pressure.

Edit: Just wanted to add that Gale Wings Talonflame is likely to OHKO 4 out of 6 of your pokemon. I'd suggest a Quick Guard and Electric/Rock Combination to deal with this threat. A combination of a Mienshao Quick-Guard and a Arcanine @ Choice Band; Wild Charge would be enough to check him based on your current options.

I hope some of this helps. Any further explanations just ask. Happy Hunting

Last edited:

Tigarian

Youngster Joey
Credits
I wasnt sure about the Fire Spins TBH and I will probably switch out for Fake Out on Mienshao as well as grabbing a wide guard somewhere. Thank you for your help

testing