• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

The Teammate Game [All Skill Levels Welcome!]

Nonny

Pokémon Champion
Journalist
Credits
Hi, everyone!

I have an idea for a game, and I wasn't sure whether to post it here or somewhere else. The game goes like this: I will post a Pokemon. The next person will post a Pokemon that they think will make a good teammate for it and why, then post another Pokemon. The next person will post what they think makes a good teammate for that, and on and on.

Rule edit: if the previous poster only had one poke in their post, respond with who you think would be a good teammate for that.

The Pokemon you post that is looking for a partner can be detailed (e.g. EV spread, moveset, intended role in team) or not, but post the species at least. The more specific you are about the poke, the better an idea for a teammate the next player can provide.

Example of play:

Person A:
Specially defensive Espeon with dual screens and Baton Pass.

Person B:
I'd say Kingdra, since dual screens will help it set up Focus Energy and/or Agility for a sweep.

Mega Charizard Y in Doubles.

Person C:
Venusaur with Chlorophyll. Drought + Chlorophyll = double speed. Double Speed + Venusaur = you win.

Gale Wings Life Orb Talonflame.

[And so on, and so on.]

Ready? I'll start.

Offensive wish-passing Jolteon on a Singles 6v6 team.

Last edited:

Yungfaux

Hard at Work or Hardly Working
Staff member
Mod
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
Swampert a ground+water to counter the Pokémon trying to counter Jolteon. :') I am not good a team building, like I said lol

Nonny

Pokémon Champion
Journalist
Credits
Swampert a ground+water to counter the Pokémon trying to counter Jolteon. :') I am not good a team building, like I said lol
I like that! I didn't think of Swampert.

You've gotta post a poke for the next person to come up with a teammate for, so the game can continue. :)

Yungfaux

Hard at Work or Hardly Working
Staff member
Mod
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
I like that! I didn't think of Swampert.

You've gotta post a poke for the next person to come up with a teammate for, so the game can continue. :)

Oooh I thought they would just build off of Swampert, okay then;

Ferrothorn with iron barbs and gyroball

Mewtwo

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Hi, everyone!

I have an idea for a game, and I wasn't sure whether to post it here or somewhere else. The game goes like this: I will post a Pokemon. The next person will post a Pokemon that they think will make a good teammate for it and why, then post another Pokemon. The next person will post what they think makes a good teammate for that, and on and on.

The Pokemon you post that is looking for a partner can be detailed (e.g. EV spread, moveset, intended role in team) or not, but post the species at least. The more specific you are about the poke, the better an idea for a teammate the next player can provide.

Example of play:

Person A:
Specially defensive Espeon with dual screens and Baton Pass.

Person B:
I'd say Kingdra, since dual screens will help it set up Focus Energy and/or Agility for a sweep.

Mega Charizard Y in Doubles.

Person C:
Venusaur with Chlorophyll. Drought + Chlorophyll = double speed. Double Speed + Venusaur = you win.

Gale Wings Life Orb Talonflame.

[And so on, and so on.]

Ready? I'll start.

Offensive wish-passing Jolteon on a Singles 6v6 team.

So for Talon flame I say excadrill would be a amazing parter because it can remove stealth rocks. And resist rock but then it's also weak to water which is a downside.
Oooh I thought they would just build off of Swampert, okay then;

Ferrothorn with iron barbs and gyroball

This is off first glance. I would say flash fire heatran with ancient power/earth power. They have pretty decent synergy withy the only downfall of each being weak to fighting.

Nonny

Pokémon Champion
Journalist
Credits
So for Talon flame I say excadrill would be a amazing parter because it can remove stealth rocks. And resist rock but then it's also weak to water which is a downside.

This is off first glance. I would say flash fire heatran with ancient power/earth power. They have pretty decent synergy withy the only downfall of each being weak to fighting.
Alrighty. For the game to continue, post a Pokemon you'd like someone else to come up with a teammate for. :D

EDIT: I'll post a teammate for Heatran.

I'm going with Hydreigon. Since it has Levitate, it can switch into the Ground-type attacks aimed at Heatran, and Heatran can take on the Ice- and Steel-types that Hydreigon has trouble with.

So, who's got a good teammate for Huge Power Belly Drum Azumarill?

Last edited:

testing