• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Advice on a triples team

appoh

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Would you guys say that stealth rocks is viable when it comes to triple battles? Been considering using Golem as a stealth rock/explosion with a normal gem on him as my middle for triples and then using a ghost and protect on the sides. viable?

EliteFourCronos

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Would you guys say that stealth rocks is viable when it comes to triple battles? Been considering using Golem as a stealth rock/explosion with a normal gem on him as my middle for triples and then using a ghost and protect on the sides. viable?
While the strategy looks good on paper, Golem's many weaknesses make it not so great for a middle spot on a Triples team. I'm no expert on Triple Battling, but I know a weak link when I see one. Also, be aware that if you consider running Ghost-types and Protect on your team, your opponent likely has the same tricks up their sleeve. Also, I would recommend Stealth Rocks only if you plan to have a setup where your opponent will be likely to switch out, such as running very powerful and fast Pokemon on the sides that can take care of your opponent's Pokemon that are also on the side slots. Hope this helps :)

appoh

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
OH MY GOODNESS! you are right! I never really thought of it that way man! I think your solution for running some fast and powerful on sides could protect golem in a way. The point was just to use him as a martyr to see what I can do after that, possibly kill 1-3 right off the bat and give me an advantage. I think this strategy has some potential I just need to work on it a bit. It is kind of predictable though (imo) but maybe that's the mind game I can play

EliteFourCronos

Pokémon Champion
Credits
OH MY GOODNESS! you are right! I never really thought of it that way man! I think your solution for running some fast and powerful on sides could protect golem in a way. The point was just to use him as a martyr to see what I can do after that, possibly kill 1-3 right off the bat and give me an advantage. I think this strategy has some potential I just need to work on it a bit. It is kind of predictable though (imo) but maybe that's the mind game I can play
I agree with the early advantage idea, but be careful with using martyr Pokemon. Sometimes, things will go astray and the strategy that you had in your head will suffer from a few kinks, but obviously, that's something you should be prepared for no matter what team you're using. Also, I think you should be careful with Explosion, since the move has lost a lot of power since the instating of Gen 5 and 6. If you want something powerful enough to deal with your opponents, I may recommend a Mega Glalie for that middle slot over Golem. His Ice-type Explosion is guaranteed to annihilate your opponent's Ghost-type Pokemon, so your only concern would be Protect. Though this strategy will be good against your opponent's Ghost-types, it also means that your Ghost-types will no longer be immune to Explosion. To remedy this situation, I recommend looking at the ability "Telepathy". It fits very well with Mega Glalie's insane power and can definitely be an asset on a team that carries Pokemon with moves that deal with all Pokemon on the field. Enjoy my friend :)

appoh

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
interesting... hmm i'll look into that im currently backed up on breeding 3 pokes for my team ill look into glalie after i get these pokes finished. ty

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Just because Doubles and Triples seem to be faster paced than singles I normally advise against hazards due to the turn it takes up and there are less switches so less residual damage

That's just my opinion though and if it works for you, keep doing it lol

Axelezado

Pokémon Champion
Credits
only tried this kind of battle once
using my 3 swords pokemon terrakion coballion virizion with random moves lol

testing