Active Any anime suggestions?

jakegow1

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
Now, before anyone carries on reading, please no anime bashing, judging what people do and do not like please!!!!

So I am looking for a new anime to start watching. Finished watching as much as I can on Attack on Titans, which I really liked. I know it's a tad main stream but my favorite anime is a toss up between SAO & Fairy Tail. I am quite open to new ideas/suggestions, however, I am not massively keen on anime that is based around guns, just don't like the concept.

Please, my fellow perfect pokemon members, share your vast knowledge with me :D

EliteFourCronos

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I also highly recommend code geass and deadman wonderland. If you're looking for fun interesting stories, the critically-acclaimed Cowboy Bebop may be up your alley along with Samurai Champloo from the same director. If you're looking for mystery/horror, I highly recommend Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, Shiki and Another. All of them provide the watcher an enthralling story of twists and surprises. Hope this helps, and happy anime hunting :)

Ryuki

Youngster Joey
Credits
I've seen both SAO and Fairy Tale, so I should be able to give you some ideas. I liked SAO a lot, but Fairy Tale lost me about 100 episodes in. Just too heavy on the fan service IMO. Here's a list of some I've seen and enjoyed over the years. Feel free to PM me about one or more of them for any insight.

Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Naruto/ Naruto Shippuden
Soul Eater
Bleach
Mobile Suit: Gundam Wing
Gurren Laggan
Yu Yu Hakasho
Death Note
Berserk
Rurouni Kenshin
Samurai X (the movies for Rurouni Kenshin)
FLCL (pronounced fooly cooly)
Trigun (I know you said no guns, but this is a MUST if you like anime)
Basilisk
Trinity Blood
Vampire Hunter D (movie)
Summer Wars (movie)
Baccano
Mushi Shi
Hunter X Hunter (the remake that's still being made and NOT the first series)
Darker than Black
Gungrave (another one with guns, but still.....iz good)
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (this one follows the Manga and is much better)
Hellsing
InyuAsha

Last edited:

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Why this anime? I had someone private message me Deadman Wonderland so wanna get some basic info before I google around :)

It was one of the best anime back in 2007 and people still talk about it to this day, the ending and action in it is fantastic. dat ending though.

jakegow1

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
Wo
I've seen both SAO and Fairy Tale, so I should be able to give you some ideas. I liked SAO a lot, but Fairy Tale lost me about 100 episodes in. Just too heavy on the fan service IMO. Here's a list of some I've seen and enjoyed over the years. Feel free to PM me about one or more of them for any insight.

Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Naruto/ Naruto Shippuden
Soul Eater
Bleach
Mobile Suit: Gundam Wing
Gurren Laggan
Yu Yu Hakasho
Death Note
Berserk
Rurouni Kenshin
Samurai X (the movies for Rurouni Kenshin)
FLCL (pronounced fooly cooly)
Trigun (I know you said no guns, but this is a MUST if you like anime)
Basilisk
Trinity Blood
Vampire Hunter D (movie)
Summer Wars (movie)
Baccano
Mushi Shi
Hunter X Hunter (the remake that's still being made and NOT the first series)
Darker than Black
Gungrave (another one with guns, but still.....iz good)
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (this one follows the Manga and is much better)
Hellsing
InyuAsha

Wow, ummm, kind of a lot to pick from there, was hoping for something specific not general, maybe you could cut down that list a tad :p

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Wo

Wow, ummm, kind of a lot to pick from there, was hoping for something specific not general, maybe you could cut down that list a tad :p

From that list a few things I've watched stand out.

Death Note
Summer Wars (movie)
Baccano

All very good :)

jakegow1

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
From that list a few things I've watched stand out.

Death Note
Summer Wars (movie)
Baccano

All very good :)
I have Death Note on DVD, it's amazing :)
Baccano, okay, I will do some research on that now as well.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I have Death Note on DVD, it's amazing :)
Baccano, okay, I will do some research on that now as well.

omg Baccano is pretty great <3

OAPN

Youngster Joey
Credits
Have you seen Claymore? the anime is over but the manga still going and both are great

Cherub Tomo

Pokémon Champion
Credits
You should definitely try Afro Samurai:D! It is only 5 episodes long but the story is great, along with good action and comedy.

epicmove45

Youngster Joey
Credits
umm if you want a anime that makes you think about some stuff i good one with a good amount of almost every thing is an anime called Steins Gate its really good i like it a lot its about people who make a "time machine" look it up it is worth your time in my opinion

Migihigi

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
You should watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood..Its the best anime ever made imo.
Steins gate also a great watch.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
FMA: Brotherhood
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

DestinedShadows

Youngster Joey
Credits
Cheza said:
CODE GEASS

^Couldn't have said it better myself.

As for some anime I've watched (besides Code Geass)...
-Death Note (The first real anime I've watched on television, courtesy of Adult Swim years ago.)
-Fullmetal Alchemist (The original series, not brotherhood. Haven't gotten to watching Brotherhood yet, but I love the original series greatly.)
-Fate/Zero (Superior to Fate/Stay Night. Nuf' said.)
-Durarara!! (Only watched a few episodes, but it's definitely unique and merits a spot.)
-Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (Didn't watch a majority of episodes in order {Thanks Funimation}, but I definitely give it props for its unique art style and fascinating story.)
-Log Horizon* (Ten times better than SAO [I know I'm going to receive hate for this].)
-Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic (I just love the setting and story. So interesting.)
-Kill la Kill* (Insanity at its finest. I recommend NOT using your brain for this show.)

*Anime I watched in Subs only (due to no English Dub released at the time).

Some of my personal favorites unfortunately have guns in them, so I decided not to include them in respect of the OP.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Death Note is good for te story, but if you want something more family/public oriented, Boku no Pico is what you should look for :D

Scrights

Youngster Joey
Credits
^Couldn't have said it better myself.

As for some anime I've watched (besides Code Geass)...
-Death Note (The first real anime I've watched on television, courtesy of Adult Swim years ago.)
-Fullmetal Alchemist (The original series, not brotherhood. Haven't gotten to watching Brotherhood yet, but I love the original series greatly.)
-Fate/Zero (Superior to Fate/Stay Night. Nuf' said.)
-Durarara!! (Only watched a few episodes, but it's definitely unique and merits a spot.)
-Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (Didn't watch a majority of episodes in order {Thanks Funimation}, but I definitely give it props for its unique art style and fascinating story.)
-Log Horizon* (Ten times better than SAO [I know I'm going to receive hate for this].)
-Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic (I just love the setting and story. So interesting.)
-Kill la Kill* (Insanity at its finest. I recommend NOT using your brain for this show.)

*Anime I watched in Subs only (due to no English Dub released at the time).

Some of my personal favorites unfortunately have guns in them, so I decided not to include them in respect of the OP.

Durarara and Log horizon just have to be in my top 10 list.

Ever seen Sword Art Online(1,2)?

testing