Breeding Troubles

Arca9

Youngster Joey
Credits
So im currently trying to get a Mudkip with 6IV's, so far i have 3 mudkips with 5 IV's. I am breeding a 6 IV Ditto holding a destiny knot with a 5 IV Mudkip but so far the best i am getting is a 5 IV Mudkip. Anyone got any advice on how to get that last perfect IV?

PC Principal

Pokémon Trainer
Will Not Fall
Battler
Credits
arca sorry i said i would help you out earlier but i had to leave

There is no way to guarantee the sixth iv. The best option you have is to breed the 6iv ditto with a 5iv mudkip and you have to get lucky with it, only 5 ivs are passed down from the parents

Btw i spent days trying to get a 6iv mudkip once, mustve bred like 3 boxes and just 5iv ones :(
Struggles of breeding lol

Zalthas

Youngster Joey
Credits
Destiny Knot allows you to pass 5 IV's from parents, so the "worst" mudkip you could get is a 4 IV's one, assuming the offspring gets 5 perfect IV's from it's parents you have a 1/31 chance of the last IV being perfect, so there's nothing more than breeding a lot until you get one.

Kitgurl66

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Cheers guys, im gonna keep trying today to get one :Wink:
Good luck with that, and if I had to say anything else it would be to try wishing really hard for that final stat.

adishu

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
It is just simple luck:).
The probability goes as follows
Case1:
The mudkip's non-perfect iv is randomly generated and is 31=1/6×1/32(ivs can be 0-31)
Case2:
One of mudkip's perfect ivs is generated=5/6×1/32×1/2

Total probability=7/384=1/55(approx)

testing