• Raising

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Breeding

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Saraceaser

Pokémon Champion
Credits
BiZQGfYLw7hNx0Z0EbMr-gCGZx5tu9unB3cHvlf94loLJFkf3e0l-wWRtu5zTyUuS1JaY0ZYCLNKpnuxulTDrCd9M-pCivQwpk7xjmcQZTEfP8XedG-7QMyhsNzAzujBFxrsQAc

Hi, everyone! I've been talking to a bunch of my friends here on PP who've been here a while, and we've come to an agreement. Perfect Pokemon, despite having all of the tournaments and such, is becoming dull.
*GASP*
Yeah, I said it.The thing is, lots of competitive battling members have grown tired of the same type of tournaments, and when the tournaments do happen it's mostly the same people over again, creating a sense of boredom among the more excitement seeking members and those who aren't in the tournaments at all, lowering the overall moral.
OUR GOAL:
We're trying to think up of ways to add and make PP more exciting to the whole community! We're also trying to think of knew ways to get people more active on PP without spending a lot of PC or something like that, and for those who still want to have fun in the PP community while not having to be overly competitive in battles, such as contests and such, and that will also bring the economy up with the prizes! Any and all suggestions are appreciated! Talk to me or my partner, @YveltalLugia
(Note: The AOR is a non-official PP group, so please be kind!)
Like and join the AOR for change! PM me or my partner!
(In maintenance, sorry for any inconvenience!)

coollogo_com-2192345.jpg

Last edited:

Arkailim

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
i feel gym leaders should have gym vs gym battles sometimes, but i mean.. i dunno.

Arkailim

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
or have a tournament and make everyone feel like a gym leader. they choose a mono type, you make up who versus who and same rules apply as gym battles.

Saraceaser

Pokémon Champion
Credits
or have a tournament and make everyone feel like a gym leader. they choose a mono type, you make up who versus who and same rules apply as gym battles.
That'd be cool! Like, Gym Leader for a day! That way, those who wanted to be Gym Leaders could be ones and everyone else would be challengers! That's a nice idea! I wonder what other ideas we'll get...

Spiritburst

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I suggest a randomizer tournament. Hehehe, come on- you know it'd be a blast.

There are actually plenty of ideas you could use to be honest, and I will use your poll as a frame of reference. So in order to appeal to multiple demographics of people in the community, we can do several things.

1. A wider variety of tournament types.

Maybe it's because I don't come on often, but too many times has a tournament been based around tiers or battle types such as a doubles tourney, or the PU tourney, or the somewhat more fun(in my opinion) OU tourneys such as the Naughty or Nice tournament last December. We could try things like a flashback to the Weather Wars of Gen V and have a Weather Wars tournament where you can only use weather teams, we could do(as suggested in previous comments) monotype, or just do things like randoms, or Anything Goes. It's 3 AM and my creativity with this is rather limited at the moment, but I am sure that WE as a community can maybe create one thread and decide what WE want for that month. Now granted, some of these won't be the most competitive tournaments(take the randomizer for example, you'd solely be relying on your luck.) so these types of tournaments would be free- open to the public, and we could hold them once a month alongside the main tournaments, or something like that.

Side note: That can be elaborated upon later :)

2.Contests.
When I first opened the thread I was greeted with a poll that asked me what I preferred. I of course, chose battling- but what about the less competitive crowd that isn't too heavy in things like that? My suggestion would be to hold maybe month long contests for things like LEGITIMATELY breeding and training a specific type or amount of pokemon, giving a pseudo in-depth description of how exactly they were able to complete the task given in an efficient way.

PSSSST: This, once again, can be ELABORATED UPON. My ideas are a work in progress and I hope you take all of this into consideration because I wrote quite a bit xD. Well, there's my two cents. Hope you like this.

Last edited:

DoctorDPS

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hey guys! Definitely not a bad idea to start a topic like this! Overall progression and enhancement social groups is almost always a good idea, and outsourcing the minds to the general public is definitely not a bad idea either! I'm totally supportive of the desire to promote growth in the website and really increase it's overall "replayability!" I've learned from experience that when seeking change or overall progress in something, there are some steps you should take:

1.) Work on getting the idea of new ideas out to the group. Whether that is through continual posting, setting up incentives, or even just general chatting in shoutbox, just make the opportunity known to people. So far, it looks like you're starting to do that!

2.) Just a precaution, don't spam. Lol. Inbox messages and such are definitely a bad idea. And even talking about it a little too much in the shoutbox would be bad. Nothing turns people off to a cause like being overaggressive in your PR.

3.) Work on discussing the idea with prominent members in the community! Whether that's mods, team leaders, or whatever, they can help you to really get this thing off the ground. But be sure to stick to #2 when doing that. SB is a powerful tool for general convos with these people.

4.) Prioritize your ideas. I can tell you the staff of the site do not want a giant list of ideas in which to improve the site! Baby steps are important! So be sure to really prioritize those ideas! Maybe even have people vote on the most prominent ideas on this forum.

If you stick to those, who knows where this thing could go? I'm definitely not saying I'm the king of all things social movements cuz that would be a lie, but when pushing for more lax dorm rules at my dorm at my Japanese university, we have gotten to see some serious progress, and that is with a bunch of Japanese old farts on the decision committee (for those of you that don't know, Japanese old fart dominated decision committees take a looooooong time to come to any decision and tend to despise change, so that was a major win).

Now, I also have an idea or two to go along with this post. Sorry for the length! But I think it would be awesome for the site or someone to host an art competition that accepts a wide range of types of art, from cartoons to drawings, banners, comics, etc. I know a lot of people on here make art and enjoy it (including myself of course), and I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy participating. This could be a great publicity opportunity for individual artists as well as the site itself. It could even allow PP to have access to art from different artists to use. Also, I think it would be cool to have an artists team or "guild" on here where artists can share ideas, projects, techniques, etc to really enhance the overall ability of PP artists. If one could join more than one team, such as one battle and one extracurricular, that would be a cool touch as well. But these are definitely just thoughts.

I'm rooting for you guys! If I come up with more ideas, I'll be sure to post them on here. And one last thing, I don't necessarily thing PP has to change so much as I'd love to see new opportunities! It already has a fantastic foundation of members and things to do, but it could of course get better! So we'll just have to see where this goes!

Saraceaser

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I suggest a randomizer tournament. Hehehe, come on- you know it'd be a blast.

There are actually plenty of ideas you could use to be honest, and I will use your poll as a frame of reference. So in order to appeal to multiple demographics of people in the community, we can do several things.

1. A wider variety of tournament types. Maybe it's because I don't come on often, but too many times has a tournament been based around tiers or battle types such as a doubles tourney, or the PU tourney, or the somewhat more fun(in my opinion) OU tourneys such as the Naughty or Nice tournament last December. We could try things like a flashback to the Weather Wars of Gen V and have a Weather Wars tournament where you can only use weather teams, we could do(as suggested in previous comments) monotype, or just do things like randoms, or Anything Goes. It's 3 AM and my creativity with this is rather limited at the moment, but I am sure that WE as a community can maybe create one thread and decide what WE want for that month. Now granted, some of these won't be the most competitive tournaments(take the randomizer for example, you'd solely be relying on your luck.) so these types of tournaments would be free- open to the public, and we could hold them once a month alongside the main tournaments, or something like that.

Side note: That can be elaborated upon later :)

2.Contests. When I first opened the thread I was greeted with a poll that asked me what I preferred. I of course, chose battling- but what about the less competitive crowd that isn't too heavy in things like that? My suggestion would be to hold maybe month long contests for things like LEGITIMATELY breeding and training a specific type or amount of pokemon, giving a pseudo in-depth description of how exactly they were able to complete the task given in an efficient way.

PSSSST: This, once again, can be ELABORATED UPON. My ideas are a work in progress and I hope you take all of this into consideration because I wrote quite a bit xD. Well, there's my two cents. Hope you like this.
Those are both amazing ideas! For a 3 AM imagination, that's very well done and thought out!

DoctorDPS

Youngster Joey
Credits
Well, I live in Japan, so it's 5:30pm here. xD But I've been awake for 32 hours now, so my imagination is lacking at the moment anyways. xD

Saraceaser

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Hey guys! Definitely not a bad idea to start a topic like this! Overall progression and enhancement social groups is almost always a good idea, and outsourcing the minds to the general public is definitely not a bad idea either! I'm totally supportive of the desire to promote growth in the website and really increase it's overall "replayability!" I've learned from experience that when seeking change or overall progress in something, there are some steps you should take:

1.) Work on getting the idea of new ideas out to the group. Whether that is through continual posting, setting up incentives, or even just general chatting in shoutbox, just make the opportunity known to people. So far, it looks like you're starting to do that!

2.) Just a precaution, don't spam. Lol. Inbox messages and such are definitely a bad idea. And even talking about it a little too much in the shoutbox would be bad. Nothing turns people off to a cause like being overaggressive in your PR.

3.) Work on discussing the idea with prominent members in the community! Whether that's mods, team leaders, or whatever, they can help you to really get this thing off the ground. But be sure to stick to #2 when doing that. SB is a powerful tool for general convos with these people.

4.) Prioritize your ideas. I can tell you the staff of the site do not want a giant list of ideas in which to improve the site! Baby steps are important! So be sure to really prioritize those ideas! Maybe even have people vote on the most prominent ideas on this forum.

If you stick to those, who knows where this thing could go? I'm definitely not saying I'm the king of all things social movements cuz that would be a lie, but when pushing for more lax dorm rules at my dorm at my Japanese university, we have gotten to see some serious progress, and that is with a bunch of Japanese old farts on the decision committee (for those of you that don't know, Japanese old fart dominated decision committees take a looooooong time to come to any decision and tend to despise change, so that was a major win).

Now, I also have an idea or two to go along with this post. Sorry for the length! But I think it would be awesome for the site or someone to host an art competition that accepts a wide range of types of art, from cartoons to drawings, banners, comics, etc. I know a lot of people on here make art and enjoy it (including myself of course), and I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy participating. This could be a great publicity opportunity for individual artists as well as the site itself. It could even allow PP to have access to art from different artists to use. Also, I think it would be cool to have an artists team or "guild" on here where artists can share ideas, projects, techniques, etc to really enhance the overall ability of PP artists. If one could join more than one team, such as one battle and one extracurricular, that would be a cool touch as well. But these are definitely just thoughts.

I'm rooting for you guys! If I come up with more ideas, I'll be sure to post them on here. And one last thing, I don't necessarily thing PP has to change so much as I'd love to see new opportunities! It already has a fantastic foundation of members and things to do, but it could of course get better! So we'll just have to see where this goes!
This is very helpful! Thanks for the tips, we definitely will use them in the near future! Oh, and I like the art contest idea, just saying.;)

testing