• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Permanently Closed (Previous Season) Gym Leader Application

This Gym, or information, is from an older season and is now Permanently closed.

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
You'd gave to offer singles regardless because most people arent going to want to find a multi partner. On top of that its hard enough to get 2 people online to battle at once let alone 4.

Crypto-7

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
please explain, 2 leaders to 1 gym? Why?
It would be interesting. The opponent could either choose Nexus or myself as an opponent, or, they could have a partner in battle and both would get the gym badge.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
I feel like a gym is one leader but that's just me.

If one leader is better or worse how is that fair to challengers?

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Areo and Gold have a Multi gym...

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Areo and Gold have a Multi gym...

Shadow, here is the problem, and I don't want to insult anyone BUT:

I don't agree that there should be TWO gym leader options for SINGLE battles. Offering multis is not the issue, the issue is having two gym leaders for single battles. Crypto said that either one of them would take single battles, which I think is a very poor idea. If I were to have someone TERRIBLE as my gym leader "partner" would anyone ever want to battle me for the badge? No - because most people can't even use a real team when battling gyms (they counter-team). This would be unfair to the gym challenge because then we have everyone challenging the worse gym leader for an easy badge. Gyms need to be ONE person for single battles, who BEST represents the gym.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Shadow, here is the problem, and I don't want to insult anyone BUT:

I don't agree that there should be TWO gym leader options for SINGLE battles. Offering multis is not the issue, the issue is having two gym leaders for single battles. Crypto said that either one of them would take single battles, which I think is a very poor idea. If I were to have someone TERRIBLE as my gym leader "partner" would anyone ever want to battle me for the badge? No - because most people can't even use a real team when battling gyms (they counter-team). This would be unfair to the gym challenge because then we have everyone challenging the worse gym leader for an easy badge. Gyms need to be ONE person for single battles, who BEST represents the gym.
Ya, I think though, If you have two people, whoever is on the soonest after the challenge is made should battle. Whoever is avaliable when the battler is avaliable. Challenger shouldn't get a choice.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Ya, I think though, If you have two people, whoever is on the soonest after the challenge is made should battle. Whoever is avaliable when the battler is avaliable. Challenger shouldn't get a choice.

I don't think there should be an option at all, it needs to be a consistent test, or else earning the badge is not of the same difficulty from one person to the next.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits
@Gold 2.0 @areoplazma how are you guys doing it?
We make multi battles optional. The way it's set up, to challenge for the gym, you and a partner would have to take the gym by force in a multi. But I guess I could talk to Areo about them being able to try and challenge us for our positions. I'm not sure how much longer I want to be a gym leader tho so...

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Multi battle gyms sound cool because of the idea of Tate and Liza, but I agree with them not being the best idea because of time zones and setting them up, and how good both gym leaders are... Maybe if your partner was someone you knew in real life and you could hang out at each others place and run the gym, but when it's over the internets you have to worry about the other person not showing up etc etc...

Maybe if your looking for more battle options you could have 2 player Doubles, Multis, or even Rotation battles for those who don't play Singles well or want a bit of a challenge with something outside their comfort zone? :S

McCloud

Aloof Wolf
Donor
Credits
Hey guys, I was wondering if I could become the Ground type gym leader? The current ground type gym leader hasn't been on since April 27 which is almost an entire month. I already have a team in mind but I still need to actually make it.

Giovanni

Honorable
Credits
Hello, I would like to apply to become the new Psychic Gym Leader. The Gym has been inactive since May 17th. This means that the gym is inactive and Cheza has not updated her list since May 13th. I would like to apply to become the new active Psychic Gym Leader since sebesmos wants her Water Gym back. I do have a team ready and will accept challenges this weekend.

Sincerely,
Deadsouls

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Hello, I would like to apply to become the new Psychic Gym Leader. The Gym has been inactive since May 17th. This means that the gym is inactive and Cheza has not updated her list since May 13th. I would like to apply to become the new active Psychic Gym Leader since sebesmos wants her Water Gym back. I do have a team ready and will accept challenges this weekend.

Sincerely,
Deadsouls

You need to challenge Cheza first and if she doesnt accept your challenge within the allotted time then you can have it by default. But you have to give her notice.

Meruem

Pokémon Master
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
I would like to apply to be the new fairy gym leader since the current owner of the gym hasn't been inactive for a month now.

Blaguard

Apex Predator
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
Hey I'd like to apply for the grass gym, since the leader has been inactive since April 12th. I'm currently in the process of assembling and testing my team

testing