Hacked mons.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Well, It won't work with correctly hacked mons...

areoplazma

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits
It at least works with pokemon with the hacked pentagon

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
That's true. But when I the future hacking x and y gets to everyone's knowledge, who says it's going to work to its full extent?

areoplazma

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits
That's true. But when I the future hacking x and y gets to everyone's knowledge, who says it's going to work to its full extent?
True true

Dragoose

Pokémon Trainer
Trusted Seller
Credits
Also the hacked pentagon only worked when bank came out in Japan the first time game freak patched it so that pokemon that are kalos bred can't go through poketransfer

kankuro236

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits
I feel like one of the few people who don't care if people have pokemon that they pokegened or not. It doesn't affect me so I don't care.

LegacyAndrew

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
if they're "hacked", but are still within guidelines of min/max stats in the eyes of gamefreak, would should anyone care that much? I understand everyone might be upset that they put time and effort into something and someone else got to just generate them, but at the same time you're still going to beat them if you have more skill with said pokes than they do.
Think of the full time worker who wants to play pokemon competitively. Without hours upon hours of free time it can't be accomplished, but with services like the one around this site, people can jump right into it if they want to invest a little extra.

Does gamefreak rly crack down that hard at tournaments though? Because at this point, we wouldn't be able to trust anything traded, even wonder trade or anything along the lines. Also, can you not just bring a gen'd poke over and breed it, making the eggs kalos-born 6ivs anyway?

tesla

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
If it's not on this board, I assume a pokemon is hacked without the pentagon unless it's a legendary. But If I just want it for battling or breeding then I don't care. I like collecting shinys though. So those need the pentagon symbol for me. Most people on the forum are legitimate sellers/traded, and if the pokemon is not most people here tell you that. I suppose if/when pokemon x & y is hacked all bets are off I suppose.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
I've been led to believe Pokemon without the pentagon are not from Kalos (not caught or bred in Kalos). Kalos' Pokedex symbol is a pentagon, hence: Pentagon. I think with the arrival of Pokebank that is now easy to prove. (I can't try it because I don't have black/white - I skipped that gen).

That being said, that could still tie in to being legit, since it's still a coding thing, but for the most part, the initial rumors that the pentagon was purely a "hack checker" doesn't seem to hold water.

Snewgon

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I've been led to believe Pokemon without the pentagon are not from Kalos (not caught or bred in Kalos).
You've been led correctly. However, pokes can be generated with the pentagon so even that won't always save you.

Try the memory girl in Anistar. Pretty sure she works to tell if it's hacked, for now.

testing