• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Closed May 2015 Tier Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
The first thing I should probably say is that the Tiering Council have, in a sense, changed how we work. Instead of randomly dropping/rising Pokemon as and when we feel is necessary, we will now publish changelogs at the end of every month detailing the outcomes of discussions that we have had. Usually these are less controversial changes, so this is why they would not belong in a Suspect Test. Also, there would be far too many suspect tests for the amount of changes we wish to do.

Without further adieu, here is the changelog for May 2015:
Code:
Blissey - OU to UU
Mandibuzz - OU to UU
Politoed - OU to NU
Wobbuffet - OU to PU
Flygon - UU to RU
Scrafty - UU to RU
Trevenant - UU to RU
Moltres - RU to UU
Sneasel - LC Uber to PU
Ambipom - RU to NU
Cinccino - UU to RU
Gurdurr - PU to NU
Nidoqueen - RU to UU
Tauros - PU to NU

What do you think of these tier changes? What impact do you think they will have on each of the metagames? Comment down below and feel free to discuss. Also, if you would like to raise any other Pokemon to move up/down, feel free to - the Tiering Council appreciate hearing the voices of everyone on the site, and we will discuss them both in this thread and in our separate conversation.

Changes to Showdown will be effective as of the next Server Restart.

Mewtwo

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I think greninja should be banned to ubers. Here r my reasons why.

1st he gets stab in every attack. With his amazing speed and good offenses he could KO many Pokemon and sweep easily and with no team support.

2nd to handle greninja u have to bring multiple counters to it. Because greninja gets gunk shot it can KO most fairy type Pokemon and chansey/ who walls it is KOed or 2 KOed by greninja getting low kick.

3rd The only counters I can pull from my head to greninja is life orb, choice band talon flame and conkelder, breloom and mega lop. If u want to sufficiently counter greninja u have to bring 1 of these Pokemon and the tiers were not suppose to be like that.not to mention the person using greninja could bring Pokemon to Counter the 4 greninja threats. Not to mention these Pokemon can not safety switch into greninja. They only work if they come on the same turn as greninja.

Greninja is a disease to team building. There r other lower tier mons that could counter him but they consent do anything else.
Blocking team building is definitely a reason to ban a Pokemon.
While stall teams can handle greninja a little better everybody should not be forced to run a stall team to deal with greninja.
I will end my post here and see what u guys have to say. :) I hope u consider.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
I think greninja should be banned to ubers. Here r my reasons why.

1st he gets stab in every attack. With his amazing speed and good offenses he could KO many Pokemon and sweep easily and with no team support.

2nd to handle greninja u have to bring multiple counters to it. Because greninja gets gunk shot it can KO most fairy type Pokemon and chansey/ who walls it is KOed or 2 KOed by greninja getting low kick.

3rd The only counters I can pull from my head to greninja is life orb, choice band talon flame and conkelder, breloom and mega lop. If u want to sufficiently counter greninja u have to bring 1 of these Pokemon and the tiers were not suppose to be like that.not to mention the person using greninja could bring Pokemon to Counter the 4 greninja threats. Not to mention these Pokemon can not safety switch into greninja. They only work if they come on the same turn as greninja.

Greninja is a disease to team building. There r other lower tier mons that could counter him but they consent do anything else.
Blocking team building is definitely a reason to ban a Pokemon.
While stall teams can handle greninja a little better everybody should not be forced to run a stall team to deal with greninja.
I will end my post here and see what u guys have to say. :) I hope u consider.
We have considered banning and the council ultimately decided to keep Greninja in OU. When you consider all of the mons that we kept in OU such as Mawille and Aegislash specifically, the Perfect Pokemon metagame is better prepared for Greninja than the Smogon meta. Now, this isn't to say that Mawille and Aegislash are specifically counters to Greninja, but that they provide the much needed checks to balance out each of Greninja's sets and coverage options. Without dark pulse, Aegislash can fairly easily beat ninja 1 v 1 with its common bruiser set and even with dark pulse, ninja cannot OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 205-244 (63.2 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO and Aegislash can potentially boost with WP. As for Mawile, Ninja cannot OHKO and is easily KOed by a play rough in return. If not dark type,
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja: 227-268 (79.6 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO Mawile does a significant chunk to Ninja with sucker punch.

What these checks truly do is create an environment where certain ninja coverage options are less viable (most specifically gunk shot and grass knot). I'm sure Greninja will be revisited at some point (as one of the members of the tiering council is pretty adamant in banning it), but you may feel free to apply for a spot on the council if you'd rather take matters into your own hands.

Hopefully I cleared some things up for you, but obviously its just the current opinion of the tiering council and opinions change as active tiering council members change.

Last edited:

Mewtwo

Pokémon Champion
Credits
We have considered and the council ultimately decided to keep Greninja in OU. When you consider all of the mons that we kept in OU such as Mawille and Aegislash specifically, the Perfect Pokemon metagame is better prepared for Greninja than the Smogon meta. Now, this isn't to say that Mawille and Aegislash are specifically counters to Greninja, but that they provide the much needed checks to balance out each of Greninja's sets and coverage options. Without dark pulse, Aegislash can fairly easily beat ninja 1 v 1 with its common bruiser set and even with dark pulse, ninja cannot OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 205-244 (63.2 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO and Aegislash can potentially boost with WP. As for Mawile, Ninja cannot OHKO and is easily KOed by a play rough in return. If not dark type,
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja: 227-268 (79.6 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO Mawile does a significant chunk to Ninja with sucker punch.

What these checks truly do is create an environment where certain ninja coverage options are less viable (most specifically gunk shot and grass knot). I'm sure Greninja will be revisited at some point (as one of the members of the tiering council is pretty adamant in banning it), but you may feel free to apply for a spot on the council if you'd rather take matters into your own hands.

Hopefully I cleared some things up for you, but obviously its just the current opinion of the tiering council and opinions change as active tiering council members change.

Thank u very much:) how would I join the tier council?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Thank u very much:) how would I join the tier council?

You'd have to apply on the tiering council thread in the tiering sub forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

testing