• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

New Moves, Abilities, New Mega Updates

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
There has been some new updates for ORAS revealing 3 new megas and the primal legendary abilities!

corocoro10142th.jpg
corocoro10144th.jpg
corocoro10145th.jpg

Mega Sharpedo has Strong Jaw which will be pretty decent if he gets some speed and some new moves but, I'm not sure how it will hold up to speed boost.

"Mega Camerupts Speed is decreased, but every other stat is increased while all of Sharpedo's stats get an increase"

Mega Camerupt will get sheer force which could be pretty cool if he gets the right stats although his major water weakness will still hurt very much.

" Primal Kyogre has a new ability called Sea of Beginnings and Primal Groudon has a new ability called Land of Endings. They activate what is called Strong Rain and Strong Sunlight respectively. It is not known how different this is to normal. Primal Groudon's new move is called Cliff's Blade"

Cliff Blade sounds pretty badass, The new weather effects will also be very interesting maybe weather will be a big thing again like it was in gen 5? Perhaps super weather will make it permanent while normal weather will use gen 6 mechanics making creating a median?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Damnit Dom, this is my job xD

But yeah, I'm loving these new ideas, especially Mega Gallade. But I will disagree with Mega Camerupt sadly. I like the idea, but the design looks awful.

From a competitive aspect, Mega Camerupt doesn't seem that great imo, more of an RU mega. Unless it gets serious defence boosts, I doubt this thing will be very able to take hits like Scald.

EDIT: MegaRupt is growing on me actually :p

Last edited:

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits
Meh.
You don't have to Mega Evolve first turn so maybe Strong Jaw won't be that bad, even though I hate Mega Sharpedo's design, I'll definitely be using him.
As for Mega Camerupt, a bulky sweeper set would be amazing.......if it wasn't weak to the two most common move types in the game (Water type moves and Ground moves such as Earthquake and Earth Power) and, unless its defenses get a spectacular boost, I don't see him being all that useful.
Despite this, though, I really want to use him.

Finally, when it comes to Mega Gallade, its design is actually growing on me. Gallade already had pretty good attack, but its Speed has always been awful. I could actually see its Speed surpassing Mega Gardevoir, though I'm sure it probably won't, but I really hope it at least gets 106 Speed in order to surpass most of the OU Meta Game. For typing, I'm hoping for Fairy/Fighting because of Gallade's oh-so majestic wings. It kind of reminds me of Kid Icarus, so I imagine that it's wings will make it more aerodynamic, so potentially it could gain Speed Boost as an ability? That's just be being optimistic in this situation, though. But I do really want this Mega Evolution to be faster, since it has the potential to be a huge threat in the OU Metagame.

Regardless, I'm psyched for all of these Mega Evolutions and it's hard to believe that the game's almost 2 moths away! #GetHype

adishu

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
mega sharpedo is definitely better than camerupt but still in trick room teams mega camerupt may see some use

testing