New ORAS Details - More Info on Altaria, Salamence, Lopunny and more!

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
The Pokemon Company has today revealed new information about the newly revealed megas, Altaria, Salamence and Lopunny (click here if you don't know about these), as well as information about other aspects of the remakes.

2.jpg
9.jpg
15.jpg

Starting with the new megas, it has firstly been revealed that Mega Lopunny gets increased Attack & Speed, Mega Salamence gets increased Defense and Mega Altaria gets increased Attack & Special Attack, with a smaller Defense boost. This shows that Mega Salamence is definitely going to be more defensively oriented, Mega Lopunny looks like a glass cannon still whilst Mega Altaria will become more of a tank.

Next, information has been released about the new versions of Pikachu which no one really cares about, and they have been dubbed the title, 'Cosplay Pikachus.' To change the costume, you need to enter a wardrobe in a Contest Hall. This also may be the return of character customization, although we can only speculate at this point.

82.jpg

Hordes are also returning in ORAS, so we can keep our easy EV training method. However, you can now go into trainer horde battles, with one shown below facing some Team Magma grunts.

34.jpg
40.jpg

A new character has also been revealed. As well as the Secret Base Guru, Aarune, we now have a Contest Idol, Lisia. She apparently gives you special clothes and owns an Altaria.

102.jpg
105.jpg

Serebii has also started to make a Hoenn Pokedex for the new games, which I won't list here, but you can find it here. There isn't many Pokemon in it currently, but it will be continually updated.

The Shiny Beldum holding a Metagrosite (name pending, come on Gamefreak, listen to me) has been revealed to be a downloadable event, and not an in-game event, which is what many people have been wanting. Either way, we're still getting it :).

23.jpg
26.jpg
27.jpg
29.jpg

Finally, Contests are returning, and there is a lot of news concerning them. Firstly, they are now called the Pokemon Contest Spectaculars, and the previously mentioned Lisia will help you by giving you advice.To prepare your Pokemon, like you did in RSE, you have to make PokeBlocks, which help a Pokemon's particular characteristic, from Cool, Tough, Beautiful, Cute and Clever. When you enter a Contest, you first start with the Introduction Round, where your Pokemon is judged on the characteristic you entered the contest for. You then move into the Talent Round, where you use specific moves to gain audience and judge appeal, ultimately raising your Excite Meter. When your Excite Meter is full, you can Mega Evolve your Pokemon to get more points and create a more stunning display. Another part of the Talent Round is to jeapordise your opponent's moves, and also make your own combos, which will give you more points overall. Yet another part of the contest is Photo Taking, where you can click a button on the bottom screen to take a picture of your Pokemon performing. You can also take pictures whilst you pose with your Pokemon. Finally, as you progress through the contests, you pick up more and more NPC fans, who give you items, e.g. berries, to create Pokeblocks.

50.jpg
54.jpg
57.jpg
63.jpg
78.jpg
95.jpg

So what do you guys think of all this new information? Drop a comment below!
- Matt_192

Cherub Tomo

Pokémon Champion
Credits
The new megas sound cool (except for Mega Lopunny:confused:). I also like the idea of Trainer Horde Battles to make battles just that much more interesting.

Bobo

Youngster Joey
Credits
I'm so pumped for Oras!! The contests have returned and I'm surprised people are more excited a out mega's than the classic features. >__<

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Trainer hoard battles will be so dumb if you have no spread moves...

other than that, cool!

adishu

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
i love the mega salamence evolution animation the way it tucks in its hands is pretty cool plus mega altaria dragon/fairy is awesome

testing